Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - There Is No Escape From Family

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

f l o r e n t i n e

Auru took a terribly long time to fall.

In truth it was actually all over rather swiftly. However, Time has this way of drawing out the dramatic moments. Milliseconds ticked by like minutes and afforded Florentine time to process the steady rise and twist of his body and the flailing of limbs before it all ended. It all looked rather athletic – in an unfortunate way.

Auru’s reaction was a special kind of startlement (she made up that word and she is running with it fyi). There were surprised reactions and then there were surprised reactions. He was flamboyant (albeit unintentionally) and it warmed Florentine’s heart to the poor boy.

All the newly appointed Emissary had been hoping for was a piece of fruit, not a boy throwing himself at her feet. However, when such things happen, one has to make do.

The push off from the tree had been rather exuberant in hindsight and so it was no surprise that it should have ended thusly. His awkward twist and the flailing of his front feet had sent one hoof whistling past the flower girl’s ear. It was with an undignified squawk that the girl had narrowly managed to scramble out of Auru’s firing line, purple petals scattering in disarray. That cry was chased by a rather startled and perplexed, “Down boy,” as his feet continued to flail.

Whilst Auru was no dog to be commanded, he still obediently went down. It was with a heavy thump and a good deal of swampy splashing, that the boy bonded with the sodden earth. The spray of murky green water met with not only his skin, but the flower girl’s and the bouquet of flowers that littered her tangled mane. Mud splatter and swamp spray unified and melded upon her limbs, blending themselves into a mess of dirty tears and a dank smell of decaying vegetation.

“Well, at least I am not the only one who needs practice on their landings.” Florentine observes lightly, her head tossing to clear a rogue droplet of water that was valiantly streaking its way down her forehead towards her eye.

Peering down, with amethyst eyes to where the boy still lay scant centimeters from her she chirps a little too brightly, “Well, it’s not everyday a boy falls at my feet.”

Carefully, for it was difficult to miss the boy’s wide, startled eyes, Florentine steps closer to him. Her eyes trail over his body. “Does anywhere hurt?“ Concern for his welfare began to creep in, but upon seeing no obvious injury her clenched heart eases somewhat. “Let’s be grateful for swampy landings eh?”

An odd tap at her foot captures the dusk girl’s attention. “Oh!” She exclaims as her eyes flit to the fallen fruit and its only slightly bruised skin. ‘Well thank you, you at least got me a piece of fruit down.” With little to do she takes a bite before peering back at where the boy still lay, his limbs skybound.

“Fruit? We all need a little sugar after a bad experience.”

@Auru Flora and I had so much fun writing this!

this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
There Is No Escape From Family - by Auru - 07-10-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: There Is No Escape From Family - by Auru - 07-28-2017, 07:26 AM
RE: There Is No Escape From Family - by Florentine - 07-28-2017, 12:03 PM
RE: There Is No Escape From Family - by Auru - 07-31-2017, 02:33 AM
RE: There Is No Escape From Family - by Auru - 08-04-2017, 10:49 PM
RE: There Is No Escape From Family - by Auru - 09-05-2017, 10:25 PM
RE: There Is No Escape From Family - by Auru - 11-22-2017, 11:03 PM