Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - flowers where you see weeds

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Tirzah

[Image: exotic_by_kms1002_da21gp9_by_arrakis93-dbevmnk.png]

TIRZAH HAVIV

She is something frail against the blue-black of the sky, a wraith that has returned to her homeland at long last, and yet where she should feel relief is instead the tumultous pain of uncertainty: how much has changed since Tirzah’s canary-bright hooves last crossed this border, and how much has really done its best to wait for her? In the frail cage of her chest a heart goes thump-thump with insistence that this is the right place for her, but it quakes. Shudders. Across a coat saturated in strange colors lays the glimmer of sweat, moonlit-silver as the day turns to night above her head. Tirzah inhales as deep as her lungs will let her, and in swirls the smell of her childhood, the rivers and the dry grass, the flowers, out of view, that still give off their lightly-purple smell, pollen drifting through the cool air to brush across her frame.

As she sways toward the inner circle of the court, feathers in bright colors sweep across her neck and those slender legs, and iron circle clinks against the shell of one ear, the anklets that bump against her joints let out the barest tinkle of sound, slipping against yellow skin as she moves. Tirzah is hard to ignore at the best of the times, and it’s even harder when she looks like this - a long-limbed shape all alone as she crosses the border, smelling of a far-away place, silver mane dripping to her knees, tail grating against the soft dust underneath her hooves. A freakish, exotic blast from the past. An abject stranger to any of the Dawn Court’s newer members. Little do they know her expertise on the area, the years she spent here as a child, the love she has given to Vespera since her birth.

Then comes the soft clink-clink of her hooves against stone. Tirzah weaves into the building with gentle steps and looks up at the dusty rafters, overwhelmed by nostalgia as she recalls her childhood, in awe of how quickly she is falling back into her old life, blue eyes warm with reverence. It is all quiet around her, but she doubts it will stay this way for long.

she needs some dusk friendssss<3
love, space

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

f l o r e n t i n e

Florentine flies in, racing the impending twilight. The winds carrying her swiftly as she slips down from the sky upon outstretched wings. Even for the flower girl, this descent is steep and rapid and she lands with feet clattering out across the stone courtyard. Her amethyst eyes peer up at the sinking sun. For once the girl does not long to be out when night comes, not now, not tonight.

Flora turns toward a door, but it is a soft clinking that draws her ear, a chime like the rising of the stars. Her heart stutters, and she turns, pausing long enough to see a glimpse of sunset gold slip into the shadow of a doorway. What would she give to slink away to a quiet room? To lock herself away just for this night…

The golden girl turns from her own door, her feet tapping lightly on the stone yard. She reaches the other wing for the castle, in time to see the girl peer up to the exposed beams overhead. There is a sense of nostalgia, that one can always pick up on. It glimmers like wonder in the eyes of those beholding something old, something personal, for the first time in a long time.

Florentine stands for a moment, allowing the scene to play out, allowing this twilight girl to have her moment. When at last her head lowers, Florentine steps into the dark hall with its dusty ceiling. “We don’t use this wing so much anymore.” She says softly, her usually brilliant eyes darker today, even more so than for being in the shelter of the Dusk Court. “But I think we should.” In her mind she stores away a note to get a party in to tidy and revitalize the aging wing.

“I am Florentine, by the way. Everyone calls me Flora.” She licks her lips, glancing up at the ceiling and then back down to the slender girl before her. “Have you been here before?” She asks, her eyes peeling away from Trizah’s aqua blue. “I would offer to show you around but I rather get the sense you already know the court…”

She smile is slow, small, tired. “I could show you a place to rest for the night though if you wish? I would stay out for the gloaming though, I think it is more beautiful here than any place.”

It seems, even tired, even love stung, Florentine is a girl of many words.

@Tirzah - yaaas finally got something to her!

this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Tirzah

[Image: exotic_by_kms1002_da21gp9_by_arrakis93-dbevmnk.png]

TIRZAH HAVIV

Around Tirzah the world is soft and quiet, all gauzy shadow, all barely-setting sun; she sinks into it like a rock into warm water, every ounce of tension that has followed her from Raanan suddenly released, muscles unwound, anxiety sloughing off of her body, nerves a slurry of happy warmth deep beneath her skin. The turn of the earth stutters and slows. A delicate smile twists at Tirzah’s lips, flushes her cheeks with heat. With light reflecting through those thick yellow lashes and a hum of satisfaction going gently through her ears, she hardly notices the hoof steps coming up behind her, too distracted  to feel the warm presence of another body, not until the voice comes drifting through the air, and Tirzah turns with arial grace to face the body.

Florentine, she repeats gently, eyes wide in the dark of the building. Her gaze skates the girl with unabashed curiosity. Someone new but not so new, accustomed to the older parts of the wing, accustomed to the world they are standing in, and pretty, and smart-looking: Tirzah glows in interest for a moment in her presence, then calms back into her brightly-colored body, swishing that silver tail absently around her legs. I am Tirzah. Her glance slips down to the cobblestone at her feet, tracing gentle lines to match the designs etched in the building around them; a flood of deja vu goes washing through her body and brain, and unconsciously she steps toward Flora, head tilting, a vacant smile glazing her lips. Yes, I grew up here. And you? I have not seen you before… not a native?

Not a hint of suspicion colors her voice, just a simple, ambivalent curiosity that turns her eyes to silver in the low light.

love, space

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

florentine

This girl, no, this creature, is quite unlike anything Flora has seen before. There was time, before this creature even knew Florentine was there, where she merely existed to herself alone. Through such existence she bore a grace that Florentine was sure she could never come close to achieve.

The Dusk Emissary’s mouth opens, then closes. Florentine had been called a nymph before and yet, stood before this girl, she is not even sure she had known what a nymph was, until now. All those who had called her one, had surely been making a mockery of the term.

In her sleepiness, Flora blinks slowly, gold lashes, thick with the stardust of impending sleep, fan across her cheek. She nods, petals tumbling, when the girl repeats her name. Idly Flora wonders if it felt the same upon Tirzah’s tongue as it did upon her own… A curious thing to wonder, yet such wonders do come creeping when the mind is sleepy and so in want of rest.

“Welcome home, Tirzah.” Flora says at last with a small, shy smile. Slowly she steps into the room, past Tirzah, past the spiraling staircase that rises up and up and up. She steps down a step and then into the empty, spacious room. “No, I am not a native.” The flower girl breathes softly, thinking of her home.  Her wing tips trail across walls, across dusty furniture deprived of love, deprived of light. “I came from another world. I was a time traveller.” Flora trails off, thinking what it would take to cross the boundaries between worlds now… Not as easy as the cut of a knife she fears…

“I have never lived in castles like this, not until I came here.” Through the empty room she walks, her feet beating a tattoo upon the wooden boards. Above the wooded ceiling was dull with colour, but whispering of the grand beauty it once possessed. “What was this place?” She asks of her fellow sunset girl. “I think it was beautiful once.”

@Tirzah

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future