Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - house of memories.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Day Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 493 Spring]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 17 — Atk: 23 — Exp: 41  |    Active Magic: Telemanipulation  |    Bonded: Circe (Lammergeier Wyvern)

⚔  in these silences, something may rise  ⚔

He lipped the forelock away from her face, tucked it behind her ears and alongside those minuscule wings. Once done, he pulled his head back and regarded the bespeckled little mare with a curious gaze as she cooed and cuddled up even further to him. Such a simple gesture from him illicited such a response from her.

For a brief moment, he wondered if this was merely a facade she employed. In fact, he even considered appealing to the Triennial Eye to peer into her... but shook the thought. She was too pure, too sweet, too quiet, too unknowing to have any truly deceitful intentions. He was sure of it.

She mentioned his home. Well, this is is home now... here in Novus. But Stolthet was his home before. "Not particularly, but rain brought sustenance. It brought crops, and prosperity." His ears twitched at the thought of Solterra, dry and arid, being his new home.

"Where I live now, I'd kiss the sand at my feet to experience daily rain," he grumbled, obvious disdain lacing his words as he stared out over the plains. He felt leagues away from the hot desert and its searing, unforgiving landscape. He was not so lost in his words, though, to not notice her glance at his chest. She hadn't seen his heart like this - few, if any, had - open and exposed. The tough organ beat steadily behind the spines, the insides - which appeared to be raw muscle, but oddly were not - almost disguising it among the rest of the red mass. He did not open the spines often.. it was an obvious weakness he was not usually willing to let others see.

But somehow, this bespeckled, curious little thing was different. 

She went on about the Night Court, and one of his ears lazily flicked forward as he watched her, his head still rested upon the rock in front of him. "Is it always dark there?" Such an odd question, but he was sure she got it often. "I'm the Warden of the Day Court, myself."

His muzzle, oddly soft, nosed at her good leg, spilling warm breath over her kneecap. He could practically envelop the small mare. Her haunches barely reached the loins of his, and his neck could crane around in front of her chest. She really was minuscule - just as her earwings were to her, she was to him.

His head rested at a distinctly lower vantage point - although his massive, pristine horns still jutted up and probably leveled off in height with her own ears.. as eyes the color of mulled wine met hers. Had he not noticed before, how oddly pretty she was? Not homely, but not something that stands out immediately. Rather, a beauty that you notice later on.

The stallion - and he was obviously aware of that fact, now - cleared his throat, and shifted his haunches uncomfortably.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Action. Thoughts. "Speech."
@Araxes, ooh la la ;D

Reference Image - - chest cavity: OPEN - - 434 words - - code Ⓒ inkbone

[ please tag @Torstein in all replies ]

I have three eyes
   TWO TO LOOK    ONE TO SEE

Messages In This Thread
house of memories. - by Araxes - 08-02-2017, 12:32 AM
RE: house of memories. - by Torstein - 08-09-2017, 11:30 PM
RE: house of memories. - by Araxes - 08-09-2017, 11:51 PM
RE: house of memories. - by Torstein - 08-10-2017, 12:24 AM