Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Brick and Mortar

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus

Charlemagne loosens his stance in turn with Somnus' own show of relaxation, and it does not miss the golden tactician's watchful eye. Nor does the smile that lights up the younger man's face, lips turning upwards in a genuine show of pleasure that, honestly, Somnus is quite taken aback by. He looks good like that, the former chamberlain realizes, with a smile as warm as the summer sun, vast verdant eyes positively glowing in his joy, his eagerness, his willingness, positively palpable and equally as contagious. He is happy, thrilled, Somnus realizes, at some thought all of his own, and Charlemagne's following words warm him to the core.

"You humble me, Charlemagne," the dunalino states, the clipped accent of his voice soft and unpretentious with his words, "Truly. My thanks." He could only hope that the gentlemanly scholar was correct, and that he would be welcomed and his assistance appreciated. It did no good for one to throw themselves completely into the fray, to only be ignored or pushed aside and underappreciated. Somnus hoped that such things would not be the case here in the Dawn Court, not when it clearly held so much promise.

Then, as he was a studious and polite fellow, Somnus hushed himself, listening with forward ears and interested emerald eyes as Charlemagne went on to indulge a bit about himself. He listened with keen, rapt attention, nodding at times that felt appropriate. The dappled gentleman spoke of his own home, miles upon miles from where they stood at that very moment, and the creed that it had lived by. A place solely dedicated to pursuing a war path seemed fruitless and brutish to Somnus, but he would not say so in fear of upsetting Charlemagne, nor possibly offending him. Instead, the dunalino held his tongue and continued to listen. A part of him was thrilled when the other admitted that he had never truly fit in or belonged within the confines of his old home, and Somnus was relieved that he had found the courage to leave such a lifestyle behind in favor of finding something more true, more right to himself. There was nothing more poisoning than to pretend to be something that you were not, after all.

"Then I am just as pleased to see that you are here today to welcome me," Somnus began, dipping his head once more and a warm, easy-going smile upturned the dunalino's dark lips, "It must have taken a considerable amount of courage for you to face such a change. I'm elated for you, and I hope that you have found the Dawn Court to be all that you have wanted and hoped for."

Charlemagne's next offer is one of camaraderie, of brotherhood, and the potential continuation of conversation and relationship building. Somnus was discovering that he could stand and listen to Charlemagne speak for hours and perhaps never grow bored. That was good. The perfect type of mental stimulation that the tactician had craved for a very long time, and had hoped that he would find within Novus.

"Yes, I believe that would be quite satisfactory. The citadel looks rather vast, and I would loathe to become lost and make a fool of myself upon my first venture inside. Thank you again, my friend." With another ruffle of flecked caramel feathers, Somnus turned to begin the trek towards the rising citadel of mortar and masonry and trusted Charlemagne to accompany him, his hooves creating a soothing repetition to his ears with every step that he took.

@Charlemagne(t) - <3 Sorry for the wait, hun! Also, I didn't know if you wanted to perhaps wrap this thread up and we could continue another? Or we can continue this one! Just give me a holler!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
Brick and Mortar - by Somnus - 08-07-2017, 07:51 AM
RE: Brick and Mortar - by Charlemagne - 08-08-2017, 11:11 PM
RE: Brick and Mortar - by Somnus - 08-10-2017, 07:39 PM
RE: Brick and Mortar - by Charlemagne - 08-12-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: Brick and Mortar - by Somnus - 08-13-2017, 07:04 PM
RE: Brick and Mortar - by Charlemagne - 08-23-2017, 02:39 PM
RE: Brick and Mortar - by Somnus - 09-02-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: Brick and Mortar - by inkbone - 09-06-2017, 12:25 AM