Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Red Right Hand [All Crows welcome]

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 16
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

Mila comes, feather soft, from around the mountain’s winding path. Her small feet whisper over stone and loose rock, he knows the moment she sees him, hears the subtle hitch of her breath that has the mountain turn its attention onto her. Her feet rustle over the rocks now as she hurries to draw level with him.

This girl is hot sun and desert nights and where once he thought of only desert nights, now the heat of her skin reminds him too of Rhoswen. Tension lines his jaw like steel, but it softens, it eases, as she touches him. Her touch, this night, is a balm but Raum is no fool, he has seen the way her hand will deliver poison as softly as a caress.

The Crow lets her drag him into the darkness, lets her fuss like any sister would. He sets electric blue eyes upon her, watching her as she watches him. It is a mutual look, a demand for each other to be safe. It sets his jaw tight again and only their embrace and the touch of his muzzle to Mila’s cheek – the brush of a thumb – can ease the tension settled there.

“As do you.” The mercury boy murmurs. He sighs softly, “You know as well as I that none can catch me when I do not wish to be caught.” There is no bravado there, just grim fact. So grim, in fact, it is a wonder if the Denocte’s Ghost actually wishes to be caught…

He moves to say more, but the thunder of Reichenbach’s voice has a frustrated sigh slipping from his lips. Denocte’s king appears, his thunderous warning still loudly sung by he mountain range. “And yet you deem to draw attention to me with your loud voice, brother.” Raum murmurs, blue eyes sparking as he watches his King of Thieves. The Denocte Ghost was a creature of sly quiet, of shadowed whispers and silent malevolence, Reichenbach was vibrance and life. They were opposites, yet brothers, bound by duty and love. “If you draw unwanted attention to me I would like to see how you will explain away what a Solterran is doing in a secret meeting with the Denocte king.” The spark grows sharper, yet mercurial lips have begun to curl into a smirk.

“Teach our king how to whisper, won’t you?” He asks of Mila, brows lifting. It was dangerous to bait Reichenbach like a lion, but it was nothing the Crows had not done to each other before.

Calligo smiles when you return.

The words were both a comfort and an ache and pulls Raum back to more serious matters. “And Solis scowls when I leave for Solterra.” He clings to the camaraderie of the Crows, easing the heat and tension Solterra has wrought upon his spine.

“No news yet. It feels like the calm before the storm though. Maxence has appointed his –.“ The assassin paused as sounds of footsteps reverberated again. His eyes flick to Mila, for where one twin was, the other was surely not far behind. As Lavinia appeared, slinking through the darkness with a feline grace akin to her sister’s, Raum let’s his gaze return to Reichenbach. “Maxence has appointed his champions and we are working to secure food from the neighboring courts to sustain the Solterran people.”

His attention returns at last to Lavinia, a small ghost of a smile curling his lips. “Lavinia. Been keeping your sister out of trouble?”

@Mila @Reichenbach @Lavinia Yay Crow camaraderie

[Image: x341oLX.png]

You're one microscopic cog

in his catastrophic plan

Messages In This Thread
Red Right Hand [All Crows welcome] - by Raum - 08-26-2017, 11:29 AM
RE: Red Right Hand [All Crows welcome] - by Mila - 08-28-2017, 04:20 AM
RE: Red Right Hand [All Crows welcome] - by Reichenbach - 08-28-2017, 10:13 PM
RE: Red Right Hand [All Crows welcome] - by Lavinia - 08-29-2017, 02:41 PM
RE: Red Right Hand [All Crows welcome] - by Raum - 09-08-2017, 05:28 AM
RE: Red Right Hand [All Crows welcome] - by Mila - 09-10-2017, 06:07 AM