Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I am Not Throwing Away My Shot

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

Israfel

A nicker in greeting was her only warning that she was no longer alone. Israfel's brilliant vermilion eyes slowly slid open 'neath pale lashes, flicking to the side as she twisted her head around to peer at the one who had happened upon her thinking place. The Sun Daughter did not move from her languid stretch, keeping her wings and feathers spread, posture rigid and erect, letting herself continue to feel the world around her even as the newcomer spoke. He was a slight-built creature, tall and leggy and nearly reaching her very height, dappled grey in color. Poised and polished he seemed, with a militaristic roached mane, opaque horn, and piercing silver eyes.

"I've only just arrived," Israfel began, her voice a soft, thoughtful timbre, flaming eyes following his vague gesture ontowards the horizon, "Sorry, if I'm intruding." To a degree. She had been exhausted from traveling, and this provided a perfect sanctuary for respite.

The dappled stallion smelt of salt, of pine, of evening smoke, and the summer breeze. His posture and demeanor were not nothing to be concerned with or particularly note worthy, and so Israfel did not feel intimidated or worried upon his decision to linger. He was certainly more than welcome than she was, as this particular cliffside was not hers to safeguard.

Gilded feathers ruffled, fluttering amidst the breeze, before finally the sun maiden pulled her wings back in, the appendages coiling close to alabaster sides. Her posture did not relax, however, standing proud, tall, and erect. Forward. Determined. Vermilion eyes once more trailed back to the dappled stallion, and she went on, pale-pink lips upturnd in a coy sort of smirk, eyes alight in mirth, any trace of previous melancholy long gone.

"I'm Israfel. A pleasure." She nodded, a curt, yet respectful movement. "I've been flying for days, and thought these crags looked to be a good place to rest. Do you know where we are?"

After all, Israfel herself knew very little of the land that she had found herself in now. All she knew was that she had followed the sun since finding the strength to do so, flying as high and fast as she could manage in an effort to simply feel alive. To feel the wind in her hair and flutter beneath powerful, tattooed wings, to feel her heart beat within her chest, air in her lungs, breath on her lips. Alive. Breathing.

Then, as an after thought, the Sun Daughter went on. "... You can't really beat this view, though."

x - x

@Morozko

Messages In This Thread
I am Not Throwing Away My Shot - by Israfel - 08-26-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: I am Not Throwing Away My Shot - by Morozko - 08-26-2017, 10:26 PM
RE: I am Not Throwing Away My Shot - by Israfel - 09-01-2017, 11:48 PM
RE: I am Not Throwing Away My Shot - by Cress - 09-04-2017, 06:23 PM