Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - goodbye my santa monica dream

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

YOU'RE GONE BUT YOU'RE ON MY MIND
I'm lost but I don't know why

--

When she didn’t snap at him, he seemed to relax just a hair – to Seraphina, he seemed a gentle thing, an ill-suited for Solterra. Not for his build, which seemed in fact optimized for the desert heat, but, rather, for his goodness. That was it. He was older than her, but he felt so much younger and livelier, brimming with an enthusiasm and eagerness that was so foreign to her as to be nearly unrecognizable, without serious contemplation. She observed him neutrally, and offered a dip of her head to his in a mixture of greeting and acknowledgement. “It’s a pleasure to meet you as well, Vadim.” It was impossible to discern whether or not the mare actually considered it a good thing, for no sign of pleasure was evident in her expression or her words.

She was somewhat taken aback by the sudden enthusiasm in his expression and posture as he asked her if she’d travelled and about the other courts – she considered him dryly, mismatched eyes narrowing a fraction, then offered, “I’ve travelled in the past, though I have spent most of my time as Emissary recovering from the battle with the teryr so far. I hope to spend more time engaging with the other courts in the future, of course.” That much wasn’t a lie. Seraphina had more than a bit of wanderlust, and it was her job, which she was determined to do as well as possible, besides. “What are the other courts like? Well, Dawn…Delumine is soft and lush. Imagine a sea of wild, verdant green that stretches from horizon to horizon, meadows and forests that seem to go on endlessly. In the warmer parts of the year, you can find every sort of flower imaginable. The people of the Dawn Court are stereotyped as wise intellectuals – of course, you can’t imagine any court adheres to its stereotypes perfectly, but they do tend to reflect its politics. Dusk…Terrastella is immensely variant, with jagged, rocky ocean crags on one border that extend into meadows and marshlands as you proceed toward its depths. Volatility to radiant beauty and comfort. The people of the Dusk Court are typically considered kind and immensely protective of their own, but reserved. And Night…” She paused momentarily, considering the prisoner currently locked in their dungeons. It seemed entirely possible that they could soon be at war with the Night Court.

“Denocte is difficult to breach – it is surrounded on all sides by the Arma Mountains, and they are massive and treacherous. Imagine jagged teeth disappearing up into the clouds, virtually devoid of shelter and riddled with narrow paths. The heart of Denocte is pleasant; full of prairieland, with one massive, beautiful lake, like a mirror of the sky. The people of the Night Court are often misfits and outcasts, adhering to no one characteristic.” Satisfied enough with her explanation, she eyed him, resisting the urge to sigh – she had a feeling that her words would only inspire more questions. “Is there anything in particular you would like to know?”

@

@Vadim <3

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 09-11-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Vadim - 09-11-2017, 06:20 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 09-12-2017, 02:02 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Vadim - 09-13-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 09-15-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Vadim - 09-20-2017, 11:51 AM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 10-03-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Vadim - 10-04-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 11-10-2017, 05:15 PM