Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - goodbye my santa monica dream

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vadim

He was a little surprised that an alliance was in progress with Dusk- or with anyone for that matter, given the general attitudes of those he'd met.  Vadim knew so little of the other courts that he could not make a reasonable call if it was a good idea or a bad idea, but he leaned on the side of 'good'.  Alliances were powerful tools, even the smallest.  He had been a little afraid that isolationism and hostility would rule the political dealings of the court he had joined with so little knowledge.  The news about Denocte was dissappointing.  Perhaps it would be better to be cautious about venturing into the Night Court.  His curiousity was little curbed by caution,  but he would remember the information none the less.  That, and the history of his new home.  It put some of the interactions he'd had and some of the things he had seen a little more into perspective.

"Thank you- that clarifies a lot of things."  His thanks were genuine, though he couldn't shake the faintly troubled look that haunted his expression as he considered his past interactions with members of the Day Court in light of their history.  Perhaps it didn't change all of them, but certainly many of the current members had been here during that time.  It was on the tip of his tongue to mention his meeting with the Night King and the invitation extended- after all, she of all people would know if it was a poor idea to go.  Her question banished the thought from his mind, buried instead by surprise and memories.  

"I am from Veter- it is a small country, quite a distance from here."  He felt strangely shy, speaking about his home.  It was so much less in some ways than this place.  It held no vast wealth or military importance.  His gaze dropped from the silver mare to study the now still water of the oasis.  "It is a desert as well, though a little different then Solterra.  It is somewhat like the Mors, with salt plains hidden between the dunes like valleys between mountains.  The nights are colder, and the wind rarely ceases to blow.  After the rare rain, the salt plains shine like mirrors.  They reflected the sky so clearly that running across them was like running upon the air."

It was an effort to curb his language, to not wax long about places missed.  He did still miss them, though perhaps he missed the stories more.  Long nights spent pressed close to ward off the chill, passing stories from one to another like some people passed drink.  "It's a hard place, but I think the people are softer.  They don't fight if they can help it- there is so little to go around that it makes more sense to work together than to be divided."

He heard the words fall from his lips and he wondered how long he had thought of them as separate from him.  How long had he acknowledged that they weren't his people anymore?  

@Seraphina - No worries!  <3

Messages In This Thread
goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 09-11-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Vadim - 09-11-2017, 06:20 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 09-12-2017, 02:02 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Vadim - 09-13-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 09-15-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Vadim - 09-20-2017, 11:51 AM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 10-03-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Vadim - 10-04-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: goodbye my santa monica dream - by Seraphina - 11-10-2017, 05:15 PM