Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - to never do anything by half-measures;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maxence

M A X E N C E
UNEASY LIES THE HEAD THAT WEARS THE CROWN

The evading eyes of the silver doe were the kind Maxence had learned to expect from the radiant, cool woman of steely pelt and lilting stripes. Instea his eyes turned in a similar direction of her own gaze, sights cast across the untamed landscape that provided them with house and home. Day by day Maxence felt like less of a stranger to the lands, less of a foreigner or invader, and more like it's true commander. With powerful allies like Seraphina standing at his side with the same iced gaze cast over the land of fire, there was little they could not achieve.

The commander's ears pricked at the mention of a temple to Solis, and he almost smirked when she mentioned it was Inkheart who broached the idea. Who else would think of such an idea?
Regardless of how time-wasting Maxence believed it to be, Seraphina provided some important points. Worship and a place to do so would likely bring the inhabitants of solterra together in reverence and respect for the same diety and the same version of Solis would be seen by all when preached at a temple. Little would be left to the imagination when scholars of the faith like Inkheart were the ones preaching. The idea of a temple did not sit so well with the jagged sovereign, not with the idea of a religion and new ideals forming from it. Solterra was a free land, one untainted by religion's deception.
"I will consult with Inkheart myself. I wish to know what her intentions are regarding this temple" Maxence purred, eyes slinking eastward with the wind. 

The topic's change almost brought both a scowl and a smile to the monarch's face, his blue eyes descending at the idea of more interaction with the Dusk court. While he knew it could only benefit them to do so, there was a great deal of time and effort devoted to the kinds of events. He couldn't have Seraphina away for too long. 
"You have my permission to discuss 'bread-breaking' with Florentine of course. Securing this alliance will do us all well, and it is a subject that has also been on my mind" He would then confirm with a nod, finally casting his gaze in the warrior's direction in time for her next query; Rostislav.
"I intend only to question him" Maxence assured her "Then he will go free. He left the court suddenly and without any prompt or warning. I fret he was spying for Denocte..." 

@Seraphina 

☀︎

Messages In This Thread
RE: to never do anything by half-measures; - by Maxence - 09-20-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: to never do anything by half-measures; - by Maxence - 09-25-2017, 07:36 AM
RE: to never do anything by half-measures; - by Maxence - 10-11-2017, 04:34 AM
RE: to never do anything by half-measures; - by Maxence - 10-18-2017, 07:44 AM