Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - dancin' to jailhouse rock

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

S E R A P H I N A

in the absence of everything

ABSTAIN FROM FEAR

--

Despite Rostislav’s insistence that he had done nothing wrong, it is Seraphina to whom Eik turns for affirmation. Her eyes do not linger on the ghost-white warrior’s frame; rather, they meet the Warden’s hateful gaze, cold and apathetic as chips of glass. Her ears twitch to catch Eik’s words, but she waits a long moment before she replies, mulling over her next words carefully. Her own opinion of the situation doesn’t matter, but she hasn’t spoken to Maxence to know what he intends, either – she’s barely been able to catch heads or tails of him, even though they both live in the keep. (This sends another prick of annoyance running up her spine, but it doesn’t show on her face. Nothing ever seems to show on Seraphina’s face.)

“Very little,”
She admits, finally. “I was given no notice prior to his arrival, and, unfortunately, I have been unable to discuss his presence with Maxence.” She pauses, turning her head to stare back at Eik. “I do not know Maxence’s mind, and I will not put words in his mouth. However, if I had to guess, I would say that he is imprisoned because he left Solterra for Denocte – a court that has been our enemy for many years – without saying a word of his departure. Maxence likely thinks him a spy.” If the silver woman agrees or disagrees with this assumption, it is not especially obvious from her tone, which is entirely void of conviction one way or the other.

Seraphina has never had the luxury of caring about justice, after all.

It doesn’t stir her that Rostislav is being kept behind bars – it only annoys her because it is going to be her mess to deal with. (She would have sooner had him killed, the blame laid at someone else’s hooves; assassins were quiet. Denocte would never have had to know.) This feels more like a show of power than anything else, but it wasn’t one that would work in their favor. Denocte has the upper hand, with more bodies and more resources to throw into a war, and this is the sort of situation that sends nations to war. She’s been trying to work out a way to make Maxence let him go, before matters can get any worse, but any plans she might have are up in the air until she can get his attention long enough to speak to him.

More than anything, she wishes that Viceroy were here. He could just reach inside of Rostislav’s head and alter his perception of events, work his magic to make it seem like Solterra had been framed…but Viceroy is dead, and she is left alone with her wiles.

She suspects that the warden will have some sort of response to her comments, and, eyes darting back to him, seems to anticipate it.

@

@Rostislav @Eik - sorry this took so long. and that it's terrible.

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Rostislav - 09-18-2017, 08:57 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Eik - 09-20-2017, 02:14 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Seraphina - 09-20-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Rostislav - 09-23-2017, 04:18 AM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Eik - 09-23-2017, 01:39 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Seraphina - 10-01-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Rostislav - 10-01-2017, 07:47 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Eik - 10-02-2017, 03:24 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Seraphina - 10-04-2017, 11:41 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Rostislav - 10-22-2017, 10:04 PM