Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - dancin' to jailhouse rock

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Strength begins to return to me, both in spirit and limb. I want to stretch and run, to make sure that my body still works. But in a prison cell there's not much that can be done, and I don't feel like trying to get into a scrape with these two Solterrans. As irritated (understatement of the year amirite?) as I might be, I don't figure that I'll survive a second against the pair and honestly I don't feel up to the challenge yet. Damaris remains quiet in the cell next to mine, probably recovering at the same rate I am. I don't ask her any more questions, wishing instead for her to recover as best she can. Instead, I stay focused on the stallion and the mare. The pale stallion doesn't seem to believe my story. Sure you could say I'm lying because I'm locked away and I'll say anything to engender sympathy or get myself released.

There's no way to convince this stranger of the truth. Give me a damn lie detector test if that'll help! (Horses don't have lie detector tests, Rosti.) He turns to ask the mare of her opinion, her knowledge. I narrow my eyes, suspecting that she will only hurt my case, not help it. She only says what she knows (or what she suspects, I guess). Figuring out what goes on in Maxence's head seems to be difficult to more than just me. As she finishes her explanation, I find myself staring, mouth agape in surprise. I snort in disbelief.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I bark out a laugh and rise to my feet then, unable to lie still. My tail smacks my side. "A spy! Do I look like a gods damned spy to you?" I spit, not thinking about how such an outburst will affect my captivity. "I left before Maxence was even fucking sovereign, and I left because I didn't want to hang out with you asshats. Y'all were a bunch of stuck-up jarheads. Excuse me if I didn't like the idea of blindly following orders." I end with a snarl and turn to face the high window that lets in those precious few rays of light.

Of course I'm sure the pair won't take kindly to my raging, and of course all my claims will be denied. I sigh and take a deep breath to calm my nerves. (Or attempt at such.) "I went to Denocte to start over, try again. I found I had many friends there, and chose to stay." Finally my voice is calm, but the insult I've felt still colors the response. Who ARE these people?!

WC: 442
Tag: @Eik @Seraphina
permanently pissy :P

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Rostislav - 09-18-2017, 08:57 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Eik - 09-20-2017, 02:14 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Seraphina - 09-20-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Rostislav - 09-23-2017, 04:18 AM