Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - dancin' to jailhouse rock

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I can't help the outburst, and to be fair I don't think I should be held at fault for it. How would you keep your cool being held prisoner unjustly? Of course it isn't diplomatic, but it's not like I'm getting some sort of unbiased trial here. The scarred warrior seems somewhat moved, and offers his condolences that I'm imprisoned. Nothing he says is of much comfort except to know that maybe there are some in Solterran that aren't rotten apples. (Not that I have any evidence that any of them are particularly rotten, but first impressions are everything.) He departs, and I look over my shoulder to stare at the doorway he disappears through, maintaining my own silence while the mare keeps hers.

Finally the dust settles, and the female voice catches my attention, and I turn around to face her direction. She is the stonier of the two, and I can't help but be a little wary with her. She claims to never have believed I am a spy, but that she believes there is some sort of spy in Denocte. I tilt my head ever so slightly, pondering the thought. I should have knowledge of it, but I don't. I suppose it's completely possible that there might be a spy. I'm sure there are spies in Denocte as well (much to my chagrin).

'I am attempting to make a bid for your freedom.'

I chuckle, amused at the idea. First, that a Solterran such as she would even bother, and second that Maxence might be persuaded. Though he's not an insane bastard, just annoying. Perhaps he could be persuaded. I shrug without noticing, a little curve to my lips revealing my amusement. "The first time the herd gathered, I gathered with them. Before Maxence was made sovereign." Disdain tints my voice almost imperceptibly. "When I got a feeling for my someday herd members, I thought perhaps I would leave and find somewhere else to live. I left almost immediately after that without waiting to hear more at that meeting." It's the truth, and I trust her to believe it, if she will.

Though Damaris is silent in the other cell, I can sense her presence more than before and I am comforted by the attachment. Even without active communication, feeling her in my mind is a balm to angst and worry. I hope that she is being treated well, and receiving adequate food and water. A warm feeling encircles my mind as Damaris silently assures me she is fine.

WC: 422
Tag: @Seraphina

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Rostislav - 09-18-2017, 08:57 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Eik - 09-20-2017, 02:14 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Seraphina - 09-20-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Rostislav - 09-23-2017, 04:18 AM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Eik - 09-23-2017, 01:39 PM