Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - dancin' to jailhouse rock

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Seraphina remained cold and calculating. I could see it in her posture, the glint in her eye. She was intelligent but with that - stone. Not to say she was a woman with no heart, but it seemed buried deep, under lock and key. Invite only. That's fine -- I don't want in. I wondered, though, if it was just her nature to be unfeeling, if she had something personal against my 'betrayal', or.... No I couldn't put my finger on it. I simply didn't know her well enough, and she hadn't betrayed enough in our conversation for me to make any deductions. She doesn't respond to my story, and I wonder if she even believes it. I wouldn't care if I didn't think that it would somehow bring me closer to -- not being in here. Thank you Solterra, Maxence and Co. for the hospitality, but pass.

Her next question is easy. Perhaps because I don't know of the war between Solterra and Denocte. I'm a foreigner, come to Novus when I was lost and alone. Not to mention, when I first arrived I thought the place was uninhabited! No natives, only immigrants. Of course I eventually found out I was wrong.. but even that took time. I know of the Gods, of the Helovian Gods, the lands of Novus, but not the history. So my answer to her question is simplistic, innocent. "During the search for the relic of the Gods, I traveled all of Novus. At that time I thought that Solterra would be my home. In those travels I made friends, and several of them called Denocte their home. I was attracted to the land, and to those friends. When I left the desert I sought them out."

Saying it out loud brought pain into my heart. I missed them. Reich, Camdis, even Aislinn and the faces of those I barely knew. She may not have been a resident of Denocte, but I missed Weir as well. I looked away from the silver woman, in an attempt to hide my emotions in the face of her stoicism. I want to go home, Damaris. A pain that mirrored my own rose up to meet mine. I do too, Rostislav. It will be soon, I think. Her voice in my mind helped calm me, but pain still clenched my heart.

WC: 389
Tag: @Seraphina

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Rostislav - 09-18-2017, 08:57 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Eik - 09-20-2017, 02:14 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Seraphina - 09-20-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Rostislav - 09-23-2017, 04:18 AM
RE: dancin' to jailhouse rock - by Eik - 09-23-2017, 01:39 PM