Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - dangers, what dangers?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Day Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 493 Spring]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 17 — Atk: 23 — Exp: 41  |    Active Magic: Telemanipulation  |    Bonded: Circe (Lammergeier Wyvern)

T O R S T E I N

Something drove him to seek out the petite little mare. He wandered through the fields he had seen her before, knew where she might wander for.. herbs, was it?

Ombre ears perked tentatively forward, cool gaze surveying the landscape. First he had wandered the Plains where she had been struck by the ball of lightning. Then to the Creek he went, but she wasn't there. 

His mind spun, trying to figure out where she might have ended up. She said she was part of the.. Night Court. The Champion of Healing, if he remembered correctly? This - whatever they had - would play out interestingly, what with Maxence's... calculated decisions and the Night Warden being held firmly captive within the Solterran borders.

Torstein was still quite unsure as to how he perceived the situation that Maxence had thrust them into. The painted stallion had bellowed of change, of 'former glory' (what Solterra had been before Tor stepped foot into its current state, he would never know), of power. And his first move was to chain up and drag back someone who had defected.

Was this a smart move? No. He should have waited, should have held off until their numbers had strengthened and their land had been plentiful. Tor was a creature of war, a man of torture and cruelty, but even he knew better.

A low grumble rolled at the bottom of his throat, his mind brimming with disdain for the situation.. but he quickly thrust it from his thoughts, feeling them turn and spoil the more he brewed upon it.

In his thoughts, he had continued to wander mindlessly. For a moment, he forgot where he was, where his hooves took him. And when he finally shook the frustration from his thoughts?

He was there.

The very same Court that broiled in his thoughts, he was here. Hooves stopped upon moist soil - so much more fertile than the land of which he inhabited - and his neck pulled up from its languid position. He stared across the lake, so tranquil in its stillness - but not peaceful to him, no. This court was soiled by Maxence's decisions and all the related events that were occuring because of it.

That, and it was filled with bats. Not literal bats.

Except it also housed one bird, and he heard her call out to him. Ears perked up again, dull eyes scanning for the bright white and bespeckled being upon the horizon. She was tiny, but somehow precious to him. Why, again?

A warmth grew in his stomach, blossomed in his chest when she danced to him, and a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips. She was so delightfully huffy; it confused him all the same.

His head - so much larger than hers, even with her wings fluffed up - lowered to her and pressed against her, where neck meets shoulder. He nearly had to bend at his knees to do such; she was so tiny compared to him. 

Ears lazily tipped forward, and his gaze rolled upwards to meet her own. A hum rose at the back of his throat, and blended into a throaty chuckle at her words of concern. "Do you really want me to leave, spotted beauty of mine?" He pulled back from her, gaze locked on hers that was filled with haughty concern and faux anger. "Because I can leave, if you really wish me to."

What she said didn't matter, though, because he already knew her answer.

chest cavity: closed // words: 580 // headshot

love, space

[ please tag @Torstein in all replies ]

I have three eyes
   TWO TO LOOK    ONE TO SEE

Messages In This Thread
dangers, what dangers? - by Araxes - 09-23-2017, 04:22 PM
RE: dangers, what dangers? - by Torstein - 09-23-2017, 06:31 PM
RE: dangers, what dangers? - by Araxes - 09-23-2017, 06:48 PM
RE: dangers, what dangers? - by Torstein - 11-05-2017, 10:55 PM
RE: dangers, what dangers? - by Araxes - 11-05-2017, 11:16 PM
RE: dangers, what dangers? - by Torstein - 05-14-2018, 10:53 PM