Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - ☆ the eye of the storm

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kansassy [PM] Posts: 15 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,595
Inactive Character

The sound of weighted footfalls materialized into the shape of a horse. They were alone from the looks of it and very much engrossed with their own business. So much so that they-who was actually a she I noted once she came within range-very nearly ran right over us. Or into us rather, there was very little that would have been able to run over the stallion beside me. Upon coming to her senses the first thing to catch my attention was the utter lack of surprise in her gaze, eyes as blue as the very sea that brought me to this shore glittered instead with a cautious curiosity. Or so that is what I chose to call it. Ignoring the tension in her muscles, the quiet threat which permeated the air, while at the same time was not entirely devoid of empathy.

Suddenly I could breathe.

And a dreadful cascade of grief and otherworldly terror came alongside it. It flooded every vein, nerve, and limb within reach and I found with a soundless cry that I could not move, as if my very body had become encased in ice. Racthan reacted with mild surprise, which quickly translated into a stoic mask. He turned back to the mare as she completed her question. Perhaps it was meant as a small gesture of kindness, for as abruptly as my sanity split, he moved in just the right way that it might be harder to get a look at me from the angle the stranger stood. Ultimately, this meant nothing to the chaotic tangle of agony and memories that warred relentlessly in my head. Where is my Mother? I thought feebly, eyes cast down upon the sands as the adults maneuvered ahead.

"Only somewhat. I am Racthan of Terra and I come bearing grave tidings." The Runamere spoke, his voice deep and hoarse like tumbling stones. "The kind of which gives me great responsibility and little time to bestow it. Stranger of these lands, what is your name and from where do you come?" There was no threat in his insistence, no, if one truly had to put a name to it, I would have called it desperation.

ooc; @Isra oop.

Messages In This Thread
☆ the eye of the storm - by Illu - 04-07-2019, 01:01 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Isra - 04-08-2019, 10:59 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Illu - 04-11-2019, 10:45 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Isra - 04-13-2019, 12:38 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Illu - 04-17-2019, 10:18 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Isra - 04-21-2019, 06:48 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Illu - 04-27-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Isra - 05-02-2019, 10:53 PM