Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Home is where the heart is

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kasil

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
KASIL

Kasil offered the boy a smile, a slight hint of humor playing on his lips. ”Not to worry, Pan.” He said lightly, letting his eyes fall closed for a moment as he spoke. When he opened them again, they wandered over the landscape -- as if looking for another who might be hiding. ”All are welcome in Delumine. We just ask that you respect our God, Oriens, and those around you. The same shall be offered to you in return.” He was a little grateful for the chatter, and that it seemed...for the time being that there would be no harm in conversing with the youth. He seemed excitable and young, eager to please -- though Kasil would hold him at an arm’s length until he was certain that those traits were true. ”Well...yes,” The Sovereign replied, beginning to pick up his feet and move in the direction that he had come, keeping the younger stallion between him and the river.

”Most live near the Citadel, near the heart of the Court. But our Court is quite unique in that we send our younger members out into the world to learn from other courts. Then it is up to you to decide who you will follow, although...we obviously hope that Oriens will guide you back to us.” The dark colored stallion passed the silvery stag a glance, finding his endless stream of questions more endearing than annoying. ”Not too many rules, no.” Kasil said, his ears swiveling out to catch the murmurs of his advisors that he had abandoned -- they were seemingly unpleased at the company that he kept now. They must have had more business to speak of. It could wait.

”There are some children, but I hope that there will be more to come. The Court has been through some rough times lately, and things are just beginning to settle once more.” He nodded his head in the direction they were headed, adjusting the position of his wings against his barrel, the grasses tickling his underbelly. ”A Sovereign? It is like a king. It technically means a supreme ruler, but I like to think of myself as a vessel for Oriens.” He let out a little chuckle. ”I suppose that sounds as bad as calling myself a god.” He glanced at Pan again. ”What I mean is, that I try to think like Oriens -- I try to lead the people back to him so that he can give them fulfillment. We value knowledge, and who is our ultimate source except for Oriens himself?

”I would love your help, Pan, if you would like to lend it to us. But perhaps, you’d like to take a page from our books and see more of the world? I know that it helped me know where I belonged.” It was not quite a lie. There was always a lingering feeling that Kasil had that if he had had a true choice, he might not have returned to Delumine at all. He was too consumed with the fear of failure; but his sense of duty and love for Delumine had forced him home.

”Have you seen the other courts yet, Pan? There are three others besides this one, each with their own god or goddess, different lore and sovereigns. It is quite an interesting time to be in Novus.”

coding by Avis <3

Messages In This Thread
Home is where the heart is - by Pan - 07-01-2017, 02:35 PM
RE: Home is where the heart is - by Kasil - 07-05-2017, 01:18 PM
RE: Home is where the heart is - by Pan - 07-05-2017, 01:48 PM
RE: Home is where the heart is - by Kasil - 07-13-2017, 02:58 PM
RE: Home is where the heart is - by Pan - 07-15-2017, 07:56 AM
RE: Home is where the heart is - by Kasil - 08-10-2017, 04:06 PM
RE: Home is where the heart is - by Pan - 08-12-2017, 01:33 AM
RE: Home is where the heart is - by Kasil - 08-17-2017, 01:52 PM
RE: Home is where the heart is - by Pan - 08-20-2017, 01:28 AM
RE: Home is where the heart is - by inkbone - 08-21-2017, 11:52 PM