Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Summer Time Baby

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maude

The presence of someone else draws her head up from her mindless shuffling of rocks, and curiosity quirks the somber lines of her face into some semblance of her usual self. The person approaching her is a mare, with thick, black hair that is so curly, it forms ropes of ringlets; the girl, herself blessed with a voluminous amount of pale, rippling hair from the fine genes of her parents, finds herself quite in awe at the sight of the peculiar mane and tail of the one who comes towards her.

It was not so impressively long, like Arah’s or what Maude’s was sure to become, so much as it was exotic. Further entrenching into the mind of the fawn that this woman was surely Amazonian was her pelt, striped like a cats, the perfect sort of cover for a deep jungle home. The milky faced arrivals golden nose hoop, leg bangles, and crown of flowers only further submerged the young healer into the fantasy; all that was missing, now, was a warrior’s spear, massive and unwieldy in all but the grasp of the shield-maiden.

As she arrives closer, though, the girl discerns that she’s not quite as large as she herself is, and also that she’s far too clean to be any warrior woman of the wild. Still, something about her still feels strong, like Katua’s mother had been…

Her heart sinks into her belly, and her belly fills with ice. Maude is very glad when the mare begins to speak.

I – I’m Maude,” answers the girl, her voice initially thick with emotion, though her words gain clarity as she continues, “thank you. I’m not sure what I’ll use them for, but they are awfully pretty, aren’t they?

She shuffles a few more stones around awkwardly before she jabbers on, trying her best to keep the slightly older mare from bringing up the obvious fact that Maude had been crying when she’d arrived. Honestly tired of talking about home and the horrors that had become of it, the ginger and cream maiden was trying her best to be positive, and focus on this new world around her. Thus leads to her next inquiry, asked casually over the shifting of more stones.

Are you from the Dusk realm, too?” she asks.

Art by TheCallyBear@ DA

@Eden

Messages In This Thread
Summer Time Baby - by Maude - 09-08-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: Summer Time Baby - by Eden - 09-12-2017, 11:45 AM
RE: Summer Time Baby - by Maude - 09-18-2017, 10:38 AM
RE: Summer Time Baby - by Eden - 10-19-2017, 05:39 PM
RE: Summer Time Baby - by Maude - 10-24-2017, 08:09 AM