Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Why is the magic broken? (open/Nimue?)

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Astarael

He couldn’t know what she was feeling; that every utterance of information he gave to her was something she was compiling for a later time. He couldn’t have known that she cared so deeply; felt so fully; that even his name set her quivering. Instead, he didn’t notice her every twitch. He didn’t notice the way she seemed to float as he spoke his name, his short introduction. He was watching the pups, seeing as they nipped each other, tumbled and yipped, scurried back to their mother as she warned them to not wander too far off. He heard her sharp inhales, and glanced at her, wondering what it was about, though he was not one to judge. Simply took note, glancing at her body language to ensure he had not said something wrong.

And in an instant, the calm that fell over the glade was shattered by her sudden explosion. Her movements, the waves of anger rolling off her. His own head raised, but it was not to fight, it was merely in surprise. His dark blue eyes widened as he took a step back, offering her more space, as that seemed to be what she wanted most right now. The pups fled, along with their mother, and for a moment, he was glad for their safety. He was not concerned for his own, as he could fight if he had no other choice; but it was here that he wished his voice was more like Ranna’s. He could calm her with a single note, but instead, he was Astarael, the Sorrowful. He could likely cause her to feel immense sorrow if he tried hard enough, but he wasn’t sure if the strange magic of this place would allow it (which it won’t, because he doesn’t have enough signos to buy it). Instead, he called out softly, trying to imitate Ranna’s soft, melodious voice, hoping that it would be enough to calm her. Instead, he heard her angry words, and watched her disappear in a flurry of hooves and dirt. His blue eyes filled with sorrow as he watched her go. He had meant no offense; it was a simple conversation piece, and yet there she was … gone. With a sigh, he watched her until she was gone in the distance before moving on toward his own home.

//END//

@Nimue
No worries. I'll throw something up somewhere else and we can try again. ;) And my apologies for the lack of HTML. My computer took a huge dump and I have my husband's now... so once I get my HTML back, I'll have pretty stuff again. ;)

Messages In This Thread
Why is the magic broken? (open/Nimue?) - by Astarael - 07-11-2017, 05:30 PM
RE: Why is the magic broken? (open/Nimue?) - by Nimue - 07-14-2017, 11:16 PM
RE: Why is the magic broken? (open/Nimue?) - by Astarael - 07-16-2017, 11:47 AM
RE: Why is the magic broken? (open/Nimue?) - by Nimue - 07-19-2017, 04:10 AM
RE: Why is the magic broken? (open/Nimue?) - by Astarael - 08-30-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: Why is the magic broken? (open/Nimue?) - by Nimue - 09-05-2017, 03:41 AM
RE: Why is the magic broken? (open/Nimue?) - by Astarael - 09-06-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: Why is the magic broken? (open/Nimue?) - by Nimue - 09-25-2017, 04:08 AM
RE: Why is the magic broken? (open/Nimue?) - by Astarael - 09-28-2017, 01:03 PM
RE: Why is the magic broken? (open/Nimue?) - by sid - 09-28-2017, 10:50 PM