Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - turn the waves to concrete

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maude

The conversation had suddenly changed, to such a drastic degree that even Maude the oblivious took note of Damascus’ suddenly tense but excited nature. The girl does best to not grow anxious herself; tearing her eyes from the fervent ball of tense energy that is Damascus, she looks back into the pool and watches the path of the scurrying crab. Behind her seemingly calm expression, however, that pace of her heart builds regardless, so that her citrine eyes travel to and from the crab to the colt with rapid exchange; her mind hurries from one question to another, all while wondering what came next. What was she supposed to do?

The songs and stories never included this part of the relationship!

Within seconds, Maude’s plan to maintain her cool falls into shambles, to such a degree that when Damascus asks her what she likes to do, the girl finds herself immediately blurting answers, rather than pretending to be the coy damsel she imagined herself to be
in all her daydreams.

"Well, I write songs sometimes, but they’re not very good. And, back home…" as usual, her voice emotionally wavers at the mention of Helovia, but with only a slight pause, she manages to regain her composure, and carries on, "I kept the greenhouse, with the others. I admit I haven’t practiced much since, though."

As for her favorite color, the girl sings a wonderer’s hum before she comes up with an answer to that, as well.

"I suppose its green, or blue, or anything between both. It’s hard to pick just one color – there are so many," she smiles, "what about you, Damascus?"

Smiling even wider and looking at the jerboa with avid interest as his small paw extends towards her pearls, it takes the youth a moment to register what the “mouse” desires; stepping a pace forward to allow the creature to touch the strand at will, the girl can’t help but wonder (especially now that she’s a bit closer) if Dohv really is a mouse, as Damascus claimed. He certainly didn’t look like the creatures that would scurry about in the herb storage areas back in the Edge, hoping to steal dropped seeds.

"Hello Dohv," says the maiden, glancing at the young stud (who’s face was awfully close, she notices, with a hard flutter of her heart against her chest) with a gentle smile, before she looks back at the mouse-like creature, "you have very impressive ears for a mouse."

how to be brave
how to love when I'm afraid

Image by Araxel@DA

@Damascus

Messages In This Thread
turn the waves to concrete - by Damascus - 10-04-2017, 09:38 AM
RE: turn the waves to concrete - by Maude - 10-04-2017, 10:03 AM
RE: turn the waves to concrete - by Damascus - 10-04-2017, 11:24 AM
RE: turn the waves to concrete - by Maude - 10-09-2017, 08:29 AM
RE: turn the waves to concrete - by Damascus - 10-12-2017, 11:36 AM
RE: turn the waves to concrete - by Maude - 10-14-2017, 08:59 AM
RE: turn the waves to concrete - by Damascus - 10-17-2017, 04:23 AM