Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - || a creature of curiosity {relic contest}

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Venari

"I sure am," he responded as he lifted his head to scan over the stranger once again. A sweeter smell filled his nostrils as he noticed the slender figure this other held; from both observations he concluded this was a mare. Her bright markings contrasted his almost perfectly, her pink points a paler colour than his teal. The striping upon her body was thicker than his own as well as lighter and much more subtle. She was much taller than him, however, and even from down in this river he could notice the difference. His audits twitched in reception of her offer of help. With a quick nod and smile, Venari accepted the offer in comfortable silence and flicked his gaze away from hers. 

Venari waded in the water as she scraped away leaves and rocks with her powerful daggers. He also made sure to search the river bank, especially among the tree roots for something might have fallen down the slope and stuck fast among the tangled nature. No luck. He was sure he would find it someday soon if he tried hard enough, and though he was starting to feel a little despondent, he was grateful for the company. It was then the striking mare spoke out again, causing his ears to twitch once more as he listened. She asked if he knew what it looked like, to which he shook his head and replied: "I haven't found one yet and so I have no idea either," Venari paused, contemplating a further sentence. He decided against it for now, they had time to talk more should they wish as they have yet to search even a quarter of this river. 

He felt a sweetened gaze fall upon him and then heard words follow suit. Weir. A short yet wonderful name, he thought as he gazed at her again as to not be rude. She had only been here for a couple of days, to which Ven laughed lightly before replying back. "I've been here for approximately five hours. It would seem we're both new to the world of Novus," his eyes glistened as he spoke, all too aware of how kind-natured this fellow equine was. Anxiety still prickled his skin, however he could more readily shake it off in such fine company. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Weir; I'm Venari but please call me Ven if you wish," From the water, Venari performed a small bow, curling one foreleg into the depths of the water while stretching out the other. He lifted his frame with a genuine smile upon his lips and tilted his head inquisitively. 

Part of him saw something unique in Weir that he had not yet seen in another for quite some time. It wad refreshing and it drew out a new side the stag. Yet he was scared; scared of making her uncomfortable and scared of the anxiety he would inevitably feel should he act too brashly. 

TAGGED:  @Weir & Open 
NOTES: He's kinda interested but holding himself back through fear; super cute thread tho o3o
TIMELINE: Just after his first relic thread in which he learned about the quest itself.

Messages In This Thread
|| a creature of curiosity {relic contest} - by Venari - 06-07-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: || a creature of curiosity {relic contest} - by Weir - 06-08-2017, 11:43 AM
RE: || a creature of curiosity {relic contest} - by Venari - 06-09-2017, 05:11 AM
RE: || a creature of curiosity {relic contest} - by Weir - 06-15-2017, 06:32 PM
RE: || a creature of curiosity {relic contest} - by Venari - 06-16-2017, 07:03 AM