Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Tell me what I should believe - AW

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eros

Innocent has never been quite the word to describe Eros. Recklessly optimistic, sure, but certainly not innocent or naive. He discovered fairly early on that life is riddled with trials and tribulations. But he also learned not to dwell on the negative. Positive thinking is what he’s always counted on to help him anticipate the future and not regret the past, after all.

Recently; however, he hasn’t felt very optimistic, either. It’s as if his hope was swept away with the winter winds. He has been trying, of course, to remain positive, but it’s difficult when he keeps coming up empty.

Upon hearing about the temple at the peak, he’d finally felt hopeful—happy to have a destination in mind and a goal to work toward. He isn’t naive enough to believe a simple prayer will solve all his problems, but even just some peace of mind will make the trip worthwhile; he hadn’t expected to have company.

And although he might not have expected it, it surely hadn’t done him any harm. Perhaps she had even helped him, in a way, unknowingly prompted him to reevaluate his beliefs about faith, thoughts he hadn’t questioned in years. “Thank you. Hopefully the next time we meet I’ll be able to introduce him,” he replies, a small smile on his lips as she turns to go. The wind whips its goodbyes, a final whistle on her heels, and Eros is met with silence.

His golden eyes glimmer with hope and wonder as he returns to the altars. Steady breaths echo through the quiet temple. Maybe prayer can be hopeful, right? He inhales and kneels before Vespera’s, sending a cloud of snowflakes dancing on the floor around him.

“Vespera, I came today to ask for your help. I—I was separated from my mate, and well, I really miss him? His name is Aion; he’s my best friend. I never thought I’d ever love anyone so much, but I guess sometimes life has a funny way of surprising you? Anyway, I was hoping you could watch over him for me. You know, keep him safe? And out of trouble, if you can,” he adds with a giggle.

“Please help him know how special he is to me, and how loved. I hope that you’ll help us find each other.”

And with that, he presses a gentle kiss to his left hind leg and sets off back down the mountain.

@Florentine <3
so sorry it took me forever to close!
aimless | lunarblues

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 11-12-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 01-20-2018, 04:06 PM
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 02-18-2018, 06:04 PM
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 03-21-2018, 04:20 PM
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 08-05-2018, 07:37 PM