Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Tell me what I should believe - AW

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eros

'What is a prayer, though?' A prayer is…”I—I don’t know.” A frown settles over his features; he knew he wouldn’t be smart enough for this. He never had been, had he. He is not intelligent enough to be a sage, cannot hope to remember enough to be a caretaker, and is much too delicate to be a warrior.

But he’s determined, at the least, and kind. He does not want to disappoint her again—especially not when she sounds so curious! So he does his best to answer, and hopes it is sufficient, if not good. “Their prayers were usually spoken? A um… creed? They read them from books.” But I don’t have one, and I don’t know where to find one, either, he thinks, but will not say for fear of letting her down.

Turning away from the altars, she finds a look of understanding (despite him, not because of), a smile spreading across her honey face as she reaches her conclusion aloud. Reassured, he returns a smaller one. “I think she’d like that.” He knows he would, after all, and maybe if they like similar things she would like it, too?

Wind whistles outside the temple, blowing up snow from the peak of the mountain. A long, cold, lonely journey back down awaits him. “I got separated from my mate.” His eyes look up from the floor to meet hers, the vulnerability upon her face mirrored on his. “And sometimes I think—if they really are out there, why do they let bad things happen? But if they are real, maybe they can help me, too. That’s what I came to ask of them.”

@Florentine
duh, ofc i will c;
<3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 11-12-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 01-20-2018, 04:06 PM
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 02-18-2018, 06:04 PM
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 03-21-2018, 04:20 PM
RE: Tell me what I should believe - AW - by Eros - 08-05-2018, 07:37 PM