Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - For Hearth and Home

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

Israfel

With baited breath, Israfel stood with Evangeline and Isorath at her flanks and waited, anticipating the reception their sudden and unannounced arrival might herald, finding comfort in the presence of her shield-siblings. Would it be positive? Would her first mission bestowed by their newly ascended Sovereign return in success? Or would they be shunned and turned away, resulting in yet another list of failures? It was hard to say, but they could do naught but wait, and hope that their journey and all of the miles passed beneath their feet hadn’t been for nothing.

As luck would have it, they did not have to wait long.

The Daughter of the Sun watched as a woman emerged from the fortress, a creature of cool grey and dipped ink who had clearly mastered the political mask of indifference. Israfel caught the glistening silver of a collar fastened snug about the woman’s neck, and for a moment pondered how it did not choke her, when she instead focused on the words that were offered in greeting. Well. At least they weren’t being chased from the dunes of Solterra for their brazenness. The grey mare introduced herself as Seraphina, the Sovereign of Solterra, and the gilded maiden dipped her head in a respectful nod.

Another joined them, and the fire maiden’s vermilion eyes assessed him with noticeable quickness. He offered them only a gruff greeting, but did not seem incredibly interested in their arrival. Something else then, perhaps? Still, he did not seem threatening, and so the shield-maiden’s gaze slid from his dappled masculinity and instead focused once more on the Day Court Sovereign.

“Thank you for coming to greet us in person, Seraphina,” Israfel stated, risking a glance to Isorath, as her prowess in tongue paled in comparison to her prowess on the battlefield. Hopefully he, as a Sage, would help her not make a fool of herself or belittle the importance of their cause. “It has been a very long trek, and we are tired but undaunted. My name is Israfel, a warrior of Terrastella.” She would not introduce Isorath or Evangeline, not wishing to speak for them. They were, after all, equals. Rose-kissed lips twisted upwards in a grin, vermilion eyes glinting in the bright sunlight. “I don’t know much about healing, but I readily offer my strength to assisting in rebuilding your Capitol, or patrolling with your soldiers. Should you require my services elsewhere, it won’t be a problem.”

Once, years ago, she would have balked at the thought of such grueling labor. Now, reborn, Israfel was not so easily daunted or unnerved. This task would be yet another stepping stone of many in her new life, her second chance. She was not naïve enough to squander it.

x - x

@Isorath @Evangeline @Seraphina @Eik (not sure if you want to be tagged Rae! If not just let us know!)

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
For Hearth and Home - by Israfel - 11-14-2017, 09:35 PM
RE: For Hearth and Home - by Isorath - 11-15-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: For Hearth and Home - by Seraphina - 11-15-2017, 11:43 PM
RE: For Hearth and Home - by Eik - 11-16-2017, 05:52 PM
RE: For Hearth and Home - by Israfel - 11-21-2017, 09:55 PM
RE: For Hearth and Home - by Isorath - 11-23-2017, 11:23 PM