Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - A Winter Getaway

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus

Would there ever be a moment in Florentine’s company where she did not find reasons to make his heart stop?

Somnus’ verdant eyes, keen and knowing, lifted upwards at the sight of a tumbled blur cascading downwards from the tower balustrade at an alarming rate, all familiar rich golds and lavender petals at the mercy of a free fall. The uncertainty that he felt upon his questionable arrival quickly turned into full-blown terror, eyes widening, dark lips parting because Holy Heavens that was Florentine and she was plummeting towards the earth far too quickly and spread your wings woman and fly! Just as soon as the thought left his mind, rampant and terrified, tawny wings unfurled and, many thanks to the statement of his heart, Florentine landed without trial or trouble.

He let out the breath he had been holding, adrenaline coursing through his veins, before finding himself relaxing. She was well and fine. It was a relief. Dark lips twisted upwards in a genuine, heartfelt smile, feeling all the lighter for the Dusk Queen’s presence. She had that effect, it seemed. Sunshine personified, warm and welcoming, one would never be lost amidst her fine, righteous company. Bright as the moon, the stars, the sun, darkness or depravity would have no sway here, despite the namesake of the very land she ruled.

Florentine’s greeting was a familiar, welcome one. Her words, mirthful and teasing, brought a warm chuckle from the depths of his barrel and he shook his head, truly entertained. “If only I came to bring as exciting news as that,” he acquiesced, his accent warm and jovial despite the chill of winter that hung in the air, “But I fear my reasons of visitation are much more personal.” By the Gods had he missed her, and it was an oddity that he hadn’t even fathomed how much until they stood within one another’s presence. How had he gone so long without visiting? How poor of a choice that had been.

Her eyes are amethysts, imploring and deep, understanding in the way that they shone in the light, and he is undone beneath the weight of her knowing gaze. Somnus’ smile softened, verdant eyes growing almost sad as he regarded her, this reluctant Queen, who carried the burden of leadership upon her very mantle and rose, every day, to accept its challenges and faced repercussions without batting an eye. Florentine deserved so much more.

Positioned now that he was, Regent of Delumine, Somnus had his own share of hopes, aspirations, and worries. He wished to do all that he could to ensure the longevity of his Court, to serve his King and civilians to the best of his abilities. Before a Regent, however, he was a tactician. He dallied in affairs and exploitations, picking which best route to take to ensure the optimal end result. His mind was a flurry of numbers and calculations, estimating probabilities, and now was no different. He hoped, desperately, that one day he, with Kasil’s blessing, and Florentine could come together and speak politics, that they could indulge one another as Courts, and create some kind of alliance based on friendship as opposed to sole politics. One day he wished for that, but that day was not today.

“As have I,” Somnus murmured tenderly, taking a step closer to her and reaching out for physical touch, for physical reaffirmation that all was well, “By the stars have I missed your company, dear Florentine. Ulric sends his regards and affection. Duty has kept him in Delumine, but he wishes that he could be here.” The golden tactician made no effort to put any distance between them. He was comfortable there, at Florentine’s side, eager to simply be around her.

“Apologies that I’ve dallied so long to come. Delumine has kept me rather occupied. Have you been keeping out of trouble?”

@Florentine

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
A Winter Getaway - by Somnus - 12-21-2017, 08:31 PM
RE: A Winter Getaway - by Florentine - 12-29-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: A Winter Getaway - by Somnus - 01-02-2018, 09:56 PM
RE: A Winter Getaway - by Florentine - 01-17-2018, 11:33 AM
RE: A Winter Getaway - by Somnus - 02-08-2018, 04:36 AM