Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - A Winter Getaway

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

florentine

Oh to leave books and come here, to find a friend, this is what Florentine was made of. The glitter of mirth shared between friends, the whisper of adventure breathing through the trees, the scent of places infrequently visited, they were to her like the stars, the moon and the sun are to the sky.

So it is, that here, stood before the golden boy of the Dawn Court, Florentine finds herself at ease. He reaches for her, and there is not even a moment of doubt as her muzzle reaches forward to meet his. First his cheek and then his nape, they are soft touches, more sincere than her playful smiles and quips. She offers this boy something more real, in this moment. It is a glimmer of companionship, a maturity she might have once thought was so far from her reach…

Florentine withdraws and the moment is broken by a mischievous curl of her lips. Alas, the girl will never change. “I have missed you too. And Ulric.” She pauses, her mind drifting to plans for a winter temple, for a series of nights spent beneath the stars, beneath the shifting lights of the Aurora. “Will he come to the festival? If not then I should call upon him and find him business in Dusk. I cannot be without him much longer, Somnus.” She pauses, her lips falling, tipping down like a falling sun. It is a moment of mock stillness, a moment of sorrow, deceptively shallow.

“For who else would I annoy? Who else can I pick on?” She peels away from Somnus, her eyes gleaming faerie and wild. Her mane becomes a wave that rises and falls, breaking across her neck in a ripple of petals and wild tangles. “Come, Somnus, I have something to show you!”

And with that, Florentine is running, fleet footed towards the copse of trees. She is feral now, and somewhere behind her, her crown lies discarded into the dirt. Her wings unfurl and she is sky bound in a heartbeat. Petals stream like a banner as the stars welcome her up, up, up.

@Somnus

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
A Winter Getaway - by Somnus - 12-21-2017, 08:31 PM
RE: A Winter Getaway - by Florentine - 12-29-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: A Winter Getaway - by Somnus - 01-02-2018, 09:56 PM
RE: A Winter Getaway - by Florentine - 01-17-2018, 11:33 AM
RE: A Winter Getaway - by Somnus - 02-08-2018, 04:36 AM