Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Dear Lillie

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

The tension between them didn't seem to shift much. If anything the porcelain femme was begrudging of Noctii's attempts at consideration. It hadn't left a wonderful taste in her mouth, but then again she got what she deserved. Messalina answered her questions over the biting wind, the wind that she refused to show any reaction to. Noctii was bitterly cold, but she would not show what her kin had deemed weakness. Noctiilucent hated to admit that their customs were ingrained in her, even if she was the rebellious daughter of Reth. Four courts resided in what she now knew as Denocte. Dawn, Dusk, Day, Night. Noctiilucent felt she should have been compelled towards the courts of Dawn or Day, but she found herself rebelling further from her roots, and opted to check out the court of Night first. Messalina's next answer was less satisfactory to Nocti. She was figuring out what she valued. It was a foreign concept to the gilded minx who came from such a proud place. It made her think if she truly despised what she ran from. She was not happy to learn that others still worshiped gods here. Who was to say that her own kin's gods were not the same? Was it possible to exist in the same world, separated only by distance and time? 

Noctiilucent was perturbed and remained quiet to ponder this a few minutes as they entered the cove. The howl of the wind over the hollow opening in the rocks was eerie, but it provided a welcomed reprieve from the chill. Her flesh was numb along the side opposite of Messalina. It was only slightly quieter here than beside the sea of Ruris. "I didn't have much choice in what I valued. No matter how I desire to change and rebel, learned values are much harder to change... The gods I couldn't care less for. They thrive on the hopes, dreams, pain, and suffering of their worshippers. They frequently expect far too much, or not enough of their followers. Not to mention their followers lose autonomy, and the ability to hold themselves accountable for their actions, all this if it is done in the name of their god." Noctiilucent spat, the venom in her lyrics was not directed at Messalina. It was more about her personal views of the matter of worship, and deities in general. To make a long list of feelings short, she would describe her self as bitter.

Messalina turned her own curiosity on Noctiilucent. She wondered openly of the homeland which Noctii seemed 'fond' of. She also inquired as to if the title she carried meant she descended from the gods of Reth themselves. "I believe you mistake 'fondness' for my pride. The children of the sun are a proud group. Their reputation is said to span distance effortlessly. Reth, as many kingdoms know, it is a violent and proud domain. They conquer and destroy without fear. They worship the god of the sun Xamis and his children. I know their existence is true.. I have met some. My title comes from falling in the shadow of Xamis, and my name from the clouds that form during the festival for Solomnus. Night clouds. We have a connection to our gods, but it is uncertain if we really are descended from them. There are many gods of Reth. But many pertain to the sun, the night, and many are the children of Xamis... I sense you might be a curious type? What about your homeland? Are you from Novus?"

"Speech"
Notes: Okay! Sorry for the wait, I hope this is alright.
Tags: @Messalina  
Words: 610

Hold onto Me
When you think you're sinking

Messages In This Thread
Dear Lillie - by Noctiilucent - 01-15-2018, 08:48 PM
RE: Dear Lillie - by Messalina - 01-17-2018, 09:10 PM
RE: Dear Lillie - by Noctiilucent - 01-22-2018, 03:31 PM
RE: Dear Lillie - by Messalina - 01-23-2018, 09:22 PM
RE: Dear Lillie - by Noctiilucent - 02-18-2018, 01:53 PM
RE: Dear Lillie - by Messalina - 03-06-2018, 08:16 PM
RE: Dear Lillie - by Noctiilucent - 04-03-2018, 02:03 PM