Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Off the garden path [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Victorina

I honestly don't know where I am, or how long i've been wandering. What I do know, is that somehow I have grown and aged in a much shorter amount of time than I thought possible. It seemed like just a few weeks ago, I was curled at Mama's side. Actually, I think it was a few weeks ago. But my body has grown to the point that I am at least as tall as Mama was, if not taller. Helovia, the one of my childhood at least is... Is gone. I don't know even now how to feel about that. But it gets worse, I haven't been able to find my Papa or any of my siblings either. So instead I wander, I wander and hope that maybe I will find one of them or at least someone that is family.

My wandering leads me up a mountain, and little to my knowledge, into a new land. My hooves click gently on the stone I move across. The cold air sends shivers down my spine. I might have draft lines in my blood, but I have lived in the desert of the Throat all my life. I am used to the warm sand cushioning my body as I sleep and my family all around. It's as I am descending down the other side, I come across two figures.

I make my way over, just in time to hear the stallion with horns across his face call himself 'Rostislav'. Why does that name sound familiar? So many stories Mama had told me in the short time she had with me. Most of her mother Kiara and her bonded panther Kieran. She told me how my coat looks a lot like her mother's had, only I did not have a white blanket across my rear and I had white markings she had not. Mama had also told me how her coat had favored her father, and oh how this stallion's coat reminds me of her. But surely, there is no way that he is the father from her stories. He has been absent a long time, and Mama did not hope of him ever returning.

I stopped a short distance off, unsure if I would be welcome by the pair or if I was intruding. At long last, I finally find my voice "Um, hello. I hope I am not intruding." I pause, only now realizing that I might have an accent from Helovia. "My name is Victorina. But um, if you don't mind me asking... Where are we?" How far have I wandered from home?

"Talking"

Victorina

Messages In This Thread
Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 06-15-2017, 05:20 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-15-2017, 06:50 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Victorina - 06-18-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 06-21-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-21-2017, 04:36 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Victorina - 06-22-2017, 03:48 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 06-22-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-24-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 07-08-2017, 05:36 AM