Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Off the garden path [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Nimue

Up, up, up, the mare climbed. She has slowed down to a brisk walk, her lungs relishing the familiar bite of cold, thin air. Nimue was could see the trail begin to level off when an unwelcome voice barked at her from behind. She craned her neck around to look at him with her good eye. Nimue hoped her ears hadn't heard the male call her what she thought had he had. Comrade. She almost scoffed. Not deigning to turn around on the path, she narrowed her eyes at him. "Whatever I'm doing on this mountain is no business to you, stranger." Turning around, she began her trek again.

Nimue stopped, her heart thundering in her chest. Her slender ears pricked, listening to the brute's panted breaths. Although she disliked company and strangers, her eyes wandered over his appearance. She had never seen an equine with horns on his face like his. At least not in this world. Maybe once before, when she once watched over the timelines. But for now, it was... alluring and off-putting. Her curiosity ebbed and flowed, although it was beginning to win the mare over. His eyes trailed over her sleek form as she watched him. Nimue bit back a rude remark at that. Rostislav? An interesting name, although she would not admit it aloud.

Before she could speak, another presence arrived. A muscle in her mouth twitched, head tilting slightly to the side. A filly. So young, so.. naive. Nimue mentally smiled. The youngling had strawberry features, heavy features, and alluring markings. She looked out of place atop the still-snowy mountaintop in the heart of Novus. When she spoke, her voice sounded small, unsure. Nimue scoffed, rudeness coating her tongue. "You walked all way the up the trail of the mountain not knowing where you were going? Are you that lost, little one?" The mare blinked at the filly, breathing deeply. She had said her name.. something sweet. Almost doll-like. Nimue remembered the youth in her herd once upon a time. Although her patience for stupidity and ignorance wore thinner than spider silk, she remembered trying a bit harder when it came to younglings. Even before mortality, she treasured watching the young -- to learn everything and see the world for it's new-ness. She treated them differently. Taking another deep inhale, she spoke. "Is there something I can help you with, little one?" she said, her tone more soft towards the filly, and completing ignoring the brute standing near her.

---

OOC: I'm sorry for the late reply dearies! I'm not proud of this post imsosorryD: Usually I'm pretty good about staying on track. Just a heads up though.. my activity will be low from June 24th - July 5th! Thank you for replying to this thread and dealing with my moody Nim x)

@Rostislav @Victorina

Messages In This Thread
Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 06-15-2017, 05:20 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-15-2017, 06:50 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Victorina - 06-18-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 06-21-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-21-2017, 04:36 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Victorina - 06-22-2017, 03:48 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 06-22-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-24-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 07-08-2017, 05:36 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 07-28-2017, 07:25 PM