Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - seven seconds of heaven [[blind date]]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

A brisk spring air blows my forelock away from my horns and out of my eyes. My nostrils open a little wider as I breathe in the cool air. It's perfect, the breeze and the sun. I glance over my shoulder, expecting to see Damaris trailing behind, but she's nowhere to be found. My unspoken question is quickly answered. I am hunting. You go ahead, I will join you later. I stare off at a copse of trees, thinking that perhaps I spy movement. I snort idly, then turn back and continue walking.

My feet take me by the creek bed, walking along the shallow edge. I hum an unidentifiable tune as my mind wanders. Weir has left me. That much is certain. I suppose that whatever I thought we had, whatever I thought we would become... it just wasn't meant to be. It wasn't like she had become my lover or mate, but that didn't stop the feeling that we were headed that way. When I realized she had left... well that's why I ended up on my little sabbatical. That booze vacation was not just for funsies.

The pain is still there, but it's not as fresh as it was. It's less brutal, less shred-your-face. My old heart has begun to heal. Now I just feel the pangs of loneliness. I have Damaris in my life and that helps some, but she is not the partner I want in.. that way. My tune keeps me floating along, though, preventing me from getting too depressed.

Tag: BLIND DATE
Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
seven seconds of heaven [[blind date]] - by Rostislav - 03-05-2018, 11:05 PM
RE: seven seconds of heaven [[blind date]] - by Auru - 03-06-2018, 01:18 AM
RE: seven seconds of heaven [[blind date]] - by Rostislav - 03-19-2018, 10:31 PM
RE: seven seconds of heaven [[blind date]] - by Auru - 05-10-2018, 06:18 PM
RE: seven seconds of heaven [[blind date]] - by Rostislav - 06-01-2018, 03:23 AM