Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- subpoena me [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Moving onward from the swamp - and I'm very happy to have left it behind - I cross the creek that I had once stumbled on before. I do not see the stallions that were there when I once visited it. I continue past the creek, leaving the low banks behind me and continue to what seems like a new land. As I've been traveling I've noticed that each place I go has a certain... feel to it. Like perhaps they are ruled by different lords? Gods? I'm not sure how Novus is put together, but I know that've seen a good portion of it. Cliffs, fields, creeks, peaks... there's a lot of exploring that I've done, for certain, and I wonder if I will be able to keep it all together in my mind. Rostislav the Explorer, I'll be!

I find myself confronted with a river, luckily calm in the afternoon's sun. Birds sing and I think I even see fish swimming below the surface. It's wider than the creek and certainly deeper, and I wonder if fording it is going to be a safe option. I glance downriver and find it narrows, enough perhaps that traversing it won't be so horrible. It's a crazy idea but I think perhaps that a running start might help... Maybe. I start up a canter, then break into a full gallop as I approach the bank. A better leap than I could have hoped for gets me over half-way across. I crash into the water with the grace of a hippo and immediately start swimming across. The water is deep, but the current slow, and I reach the other bank soaked but unharmed. Sturdy hooves and legs drag my carcass from the water and I shake out like a wet dog.

Continuing forward I reach something new and strange. Similar to the Dusk Court I had stumbled upon with Weir, I find what must be another Court. A circular area marked by tall columns, a pool of water encircled with stone in the middle of it all. Small, mostly roof-less buildings crop up within the marked area, but I don't bother just now to explore them. Instead I stop at the pool of water and stare at my reflection in the strangely clear water. Maybe my reflection will talk back and tell me what where I am or where the relic is.

WC: 398
Tag: @Weir (if you want!), open

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
subpoena me [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-18-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: subpoena me [relic contest] - by Martin - 06-26-2017, 03:32 PM
RE: subpoena me [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-26-2017, 06:59 PM
RE: subpoena me [relic contest] - by Martin - 06-28-2017, 11:41 AM
RE: subpoena me [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-28-2017, 05:57 PM
RE: subpoena me [relic contest] - by Martin - 06-30-2017, 09:24 PM