Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - .. I like it rough ..

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

It doesn't take long for Acton to arrive, to my satisfaction. It would be a poor show for him to keep the Warden waiting. (Not that I give that many shits, but I don't really want to wait here like a statue forever.) His casual approach surprises me, though I guess it shouldn't. He's seemed like a rather carefree fellow from the moment I met him. Still, we're about to have a fight; does he have no sense? Damaris seems to tense, on guard despite his casual nature. Of course she's the smart one. His jest makes me chuckle as well, and I glance at the shining metal on my chest. He's got a point. I shouldn't need so much prep against a self-professed commoner. But why would I not want to take every advantage? Fights certainly aren't fair in war, either. You don't drop your weapon just because your opponent is unarmed. Acton flashes a grin, and it is then that I notice he's brought company. A chestnut follows him - Raum, if I recall correctly? Sarcasm fills my thoughts. Good, an audience. I turn my focus back to Acton and roll my eyes. "Yes Acton, just for you."

You know what's stupid though? Me shooting the breeze while this crafty fool is thinking about his attack. That's what's stupid. Damaris jumps to the side with a howl, diving out of my way to give me time to evade. But I don't evade because I was fucking SHOOTING THE BREEZE. Everything fades away in that moment. Acton’s attack is lightning fast, or at least it seems that way. Though Damaris tries to give me room, my response time is too slow. I begin to shift my weight away from the buckskin, but it only serves to lessen my wound rather than save me from it. His hoof slices down my cannon bone, narrowly missing the ligaments and tendons encased there. A miracle. I squeal in pain and surprise, then grit my teeth to manage the pain as my momentum carries me a few feet away.

Small cracks in the earth appear around my hooves, as if the ground there is too dry and my weight has shattered it. But only a careful, keen-eyed onlooker would notice such a thing (perhaps Raum or someone else watching?). My mind is elsewhere. As quickly as my chunky body can manage, I pivot on my hind legs back toward Acton. My jaws are parted, grungy teeth bared as I lunge for the withers of the younger stallion. My ears are pinned to my skull, disappearing beneath my heavy mane. I hear Damaris barking ferociously in the background as I near Acton. I'm thankful for the strength of my right leg as I park my front end hard on the ground. My left leg threatens to buckle and my shoulders drop, damaging my chances of successfully making contact with my target. A hard swish of my tail is the only outburst of pain I can allow, for my focus must not waver!

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Summary: Rosti is a slow fart and despite a well meaning attempt, he fails to evade Acton's first attack. Left cannon sliced up but he's not -totally- lame. Hints of his magic appear around his feets. He lunges back toward Acton's withers with his teeth but he also sort of stumbles because of his leg. Play off as you will. ^_^

Attack Used: 1
Attack(s) Left: 1
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: N/a

Response Deadline: 4/11
Tags: @Acton, @kay, @Sid, @inkbone, @Sparrow, @Roo, @Arahvir

Messages In This Thread
.. I like it rough .. - by Rostislav - 04-05-2018, 10:00 PM
RE: .. I like it rough .. - by Acton - 04-08-2018, 09:06 AM
RE: .. I like it rough .. - by Rostislav - 04-08-2018, 04:47 PM
RE: .. I like it rough .. - by Acton - 04-11-2018, 12:43 PM