Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - .. I like it rough ..

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Acton

Acton
whatever you feed me I'll feed you right back

That first sweet thrill of success was all the motivation Acton needed in life. Whether it was landing the first blow or the first trick or fleecing the first mark of the night, the feeling was the same: a rush of adrenaline, truer and better than anything.

He didn’t do what he did for the swell of applause (at least, not entirely). It was this: clarity in chaos, a burn like gasoline in his veins.

Always reality cuts back in too soon. This time it was the Warden’s squeal that overcame the blood-buzz in Acton’s head, and the buckskin turned to square himself back toward the unicorn. He was heedless of any hairline cracks at his feet, his attention split instead between Rostislav and the hell-hound somewhere beyond him. The beast’s barking only served to make him feel more at home, in the fading light of some back-alley brawl.

The brown stallion’s lunge was met with a wicked grin and no real attempt to evade; Acton shifted his weight to his hind legs, wheeling to his right more to stay out of the path of the Warden’s body mass than his teeth. The strike caught him on the left shoulder, teeth striping his skin in a stinging blow that immediately saw blood prickling red along it.

It is only a surface wound, and adrenaline is a suitable anesthetic. Acton was far more focused on the way his opponent’s shoulders dropped and his injured leg quavered. One of his earliest life lessons was to press every advantage, and now was no different. The buckskin surges forward, opening more space between them with a couple steps before kicking out his heels, flinging dirt and aiming to catch Rostislav on his unguarded chin or throat while the other man busied himself with keeping his balance.

Whether or not he was successful, he pressed himself forward another length or two once his hooves touched the dirt again. Acton kept his fire-bright gaze on his opponent as he pulled in deep breaths of the cool evening air, one ear trained on the man’s companion.

Summary: Acton takes the superficial bite to his shoulder as he wheels to put them more parallel, then moves forward and kicks, aiming for Rosti's chin and throat. Then he moves to put a length or so between them.

Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: NA

Response Deadline: 4/14/18
Tags: @Rostislav, @kay, @Sid, @inkbone, @Lauren, @Sparrow, @Roo, @Arahvir

Messages In This Thread
.. I like it rough .. - by Rostislav - 04-05-2018, 10:00 PM
RE: .. I like it rough .. - by Acton - 04-08-2018, 09:06 AM
RE: .. I like it rough .. - by Rostislav - 04-08-2018, 04:47 PM
RE: .. I like it rough .. - by Acton - 04-11-2018, 12:43 PM