Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The mechanics of cheap melodrama

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

i'm a pretty flower girl
check out my pretty flower curls

Florentine’s mood, a fragile thing to begin with, darkens as she sees how Raymond smolders. He is angry embers – a wounded glow that is hot, hot with its pain.

Her questions hang and he does not rush to answer them, but darkens ever more – a storm was coming. She might tremble like the earth beneath the mighty call of lightning, yet she doesn’t. Her chin tips up to regard him, ‘But have you looked for her?” Florentine asks, even though she knows the Rift can be a wild, savage thing. It holds its secrets close.

“We should look for her.” Florentine repeats, though already Raymond is moving them on. Already he draws her to back to Dusk, to her home.

Her mouth opens, to resist his deflection, to keep their thoughts on a companion who should be here with pin-prick claws and bright, sharp eyes. “I have never seen you without her.” And she regrets the words as they fall from her lips, she regrets the loss of the kitten she once saved and the hurt such a confession might cause. Oh how could the Rift have stolen her back so soon?

Finally the flower-girl caves, finally she drinks a breath and lets their conversation be pushed onward with only phantom claws to press into his withers and ghostly teeth to snap at her petals. Ice and fire are only memories across her skin but she shivers nonetheless. 

“Then you had better find some new waders. There is much afoot in the swamp, I demand all my citizens to partake in some wading.” Her smile is a tentative thing, curling her lips just a little.

@Raymond 

florentine
rocking your pretty flower world

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
The mechanics of cheap melodrama - by Raymond - 04-29-2018, 01:41 PM
RE: The mechanics of cheap melodrama - by Raymond - 05-10-2018, 03:57 AM
RE: The mechanics of cheap melodrama - by Florentine - 05-27-2018, 10:11 AM
RE: The mechanics of cheap melodrama - by Raymond - 05-31-2018, 12:23 PM
RE: The mechanics of cheap melodrama - by Raymond - 06-04-2018, 03:06 PM