Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Sing me to sleep

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Nimue

Once upon a time, when it was the femme's sole duty to watch over the makings and comings of all worlds, she was familiar with the faces of the gods. But now, she still kneeled. Only the stars winked back at her in answer. Her old life felt like a fairy tale told to children; oh, to be blessed with all the universe's knowledge at your fingertips. To witness miracles and tragedy. She had known of Glacies, had seen her face before she was mortal. Even Tempus, the god of time of her current realm. Even his children. Oriens, especially, the god of dawn. Now, as she shifted her muscles to stand, Nimue realized her memory might have betrayed her. 

She shook out her muscles, ignoring the slight embarrassment of her own theatrics. Nimue huffed through her nostrils, chilled air billowing upwards towards the vaulted stone ceiling. The amethyst gem at her throat pulsed with a warm vibrance, casting a violet glow off of her and the rocky walls. All around her, she heard nothing. Even the mountain seemed to be sleeping; the wind stilled to not even a whisper. Silence. "Have it your way," she spoke to no one, to all of them, whomever deigned to listen. "I will find my magic myself, but I'll be back." She promised the stars, the mountain, and to herself. Determination boiled hotly in her veins, as she trotted down the trail from which she came. Back to the meadows, to the court of the rising sun. And when she returned, the witch child will come to bargain.

-- FIN --

---

OOC: Ended this early for moody Nim plot device, since the gods aren't currently answering anyone! Muwahahahaha *wiggles fingers*

This thread was inspired by this song.

Messages In This Thread
Sing me to sleep - by Nimue - 06-21-2017, 06:59 AM
RE: Sing me to sleep - by Nimue - 06-28-2017, 03:18 AM