Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Strangeness and Charm

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

U   L   R   I   C

Aim, throw your best shot right at me
'Cause pain, I can take it easily
Did you really think I'd fall to my knees
Just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

With keen interest Ulric listened as the fire-mare spoke of her Sovereign, the fondness in which she spoke of her not lost on him. He didn’t know who Rannveig was nor what the land had been like prior, but the roan could only assume that with Florentine now at the helm of Terrastella, those that called it home could have no one better suited for the role. It was the very same way he viewed Somnus here in Delumine.

Curious eyes of molten gold remained transfixed on Israfel the further she continued, but every now and then, the Warden reminded himself to take a lingering glance towards their esteemed guests. Their safety was something he would assure, for now and for always, but judging by the way lighthearted laughter and the jovial murmur of voices filled the air, Ulric was certain the festival would pass in peace.

His eyes settled once more on the vermillion hue of Israfel’s own as she continued.

She’d been in Novus no longer than he, and the passionate way in which she spoke of Terrastella only drove him to want to travel there even more. Perhaps soon, he would, given he wasn’t needed in Delumine for an extended period of time. “A swamp?” He asked suddenly, quirking a brow towards the woman of flame as a soft grin tugged at the corners of his dark lips. “I… can’t say I’ve ever been in one before. But it sounds like that might be a good thing.” A soft chuckle followed his words, and he continued. ”Everything else sounds like something different entirely. I’ll have to plan a visit sometime soon.”

Now, the question was turned on him and Ulric hummed softly beneath his breath as he formulated his answer. “No,” he responded with a shake of his head, ”I’ve only been here just over a year. I found Novus at the peak of summer last year.” An image of his mountain home flashed briefly in the back of his mind, and had he lacked the discipline he now possessed, he might’ve frowned. Rather than speak of his desolate birthplace, Ulric purged the sour memories from his mind and spoke instead of his first true home. “I’m from a village called Adoroth. Novus is like a whole other world from it.”

In a twist of fate, another of Delumine’s warriors approached just as the words had passed from his lips, relieving him of his duty for a short time. Any other time Ulric would’ve insisted he remain, or at the very least move to another post in order to keep watch, but… any other time, he didn’t have an enthralling stranger standing beside him whom he wished to learn more about. Exchanging a word of thanks to his fellow serviceman, Ulric stepped away from his post and heaved a steady breath as he looked again to Israfel, out to those gathered before the stage, then back again.

”… Well?” He inquired, that smile on his face blossoming into a grin, ”If you got nothin’ else planned… Wanna check out the entertainment?”

ooc - @Israfel Ulric out :D Thought this was a nice way to end it??

space

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
Strangeness and Charm - by Ulric - 05-05-2018, 03:04 AM
RE: Strangeness and Charm - by Israfel - 05-13-2018, 07:54 AM
RE: Strangeness and Charm - by Ulric - 05-18-2018, 12:27 AM
RE: Strangeness and Charm - by Israfel - 05-24-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: Strangeness and Charm - by Ulric - 05-28-2018, 01:28 AM
RE: Strangeness and Charm - by Israfel - 06-09-2018, 07:42 AM
RE: Strangeness and Charm - by Ulric - 06-18-2018, 07:52 AM
RE: Strangeness and Charm - by Israfel - 06-27-2018, 04:55 AM