Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - sunshine is for life, for flowers

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lisseut

LISSEUT

she is passion embodied, a flower of melodrama in eternal bloom
-- ☼ --

T
ere's something ancient lingering in the other being's eyes, his voice, the way he lowers his head and diverts his gaze from her. It is as if he has been in a long-winded battle of the ages and walked out on the other side a much older, very tired soul. She senses that weariness in him, pays it quiet homage as she listens to his words about death. She chooses not to argue the, to what in her opinion was a pedantic matter, feeling that this stranger probably had his reasons for saying what he did that she would not understand. She is much more enwrapped by the following shudder that overtakes his frame, feathers ruffling askew as it takes hold. Her ears swivel and she stills, watching intently, wondering if she should do something. But, it passes and he responds to her in the negative, gazing at the flowers. She hoped they gave him the same kind of comfort they often brought her.  

She nodded when he added on that he would be better eventually, sidestepping away and continuing on to invite him along to the Dawn Court with her. He seemed surprised that was where she was headed, and for the first time since he appeared she felt like she had said the right thing, had offered something that felt good to him. He even smiled, a small and fleeting thing, but it seemed to lighten his features. She giggled at his comment. "Drat, finding duet partners is terribly difficult and I was hopeful." She teased, hoping it would further lift his spirits. She looked ahead and let the mood lift her slightly off her hooves, flitting forward a few steps as if dancing. She was determined for his running into her to be a good thing, for the both of them. She did not know what had brought him here, so blue and seemingly trampled upon, but she would not be more of the same. Feeling upbeat, she proclaimed "To the Dawn Court!" as she looked back to check if he was coming.

He came forward until they were ambling on side by side, offering to her his name. She tested it on her tongue. "Aion. Well, I am glad you stumbled upon me, good sir. You can call me Lisseut."The breeze picked up and she lifted her wings up momentarily, letting the wind blow through her own feathers. She closed her eyes and let the wind carry the scent of the flowers through her nose, savoring it. She relished the feeling of completeness for the second, opening her eyes again when the breeze died away and left her folding her wings back again. She turned and glanced at Aion apologetically.  "Sometimes the world around me can feel so tantalizingly good, it's hard not to get lost in a moment." She looked forward again, picking up her pace slightly, as if she wanted to bolt forward and dance away. She smiled instead. "It's so beautiful here! I'm truly glad I decided to come and see for myself." She took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts and calming herself. She was probably rambling, she realized. "Are you from here? Or a visitor?"

ooc: @aion ; <3

Messages In This Thread
sunshine is for life, for flowers - by Lisseut - 05-16-2018, 02:22 PM
RE: sunshine is for life, for flowers - by Aion - 05-16-2018, 08:38 PM
RE: sunshine is for life, for flowers - by Lisseut - 05-17-2018, 03:13 PM
RE: sunshine is for life, for flowers - by Aion - 05-19-2018, 07:18 PM
RE: sunshine is for life, for flowers - by Lisseut - 05-24-2018, 01:05 PM