Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i didn't know what i would find

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eros

an intuition that
this is where i belong, standing with
you in my arms
Most young children yearn for attention from their parents, for affection. Eros was no exception; parents are meant to nurture their children, after all. Boys, though, are “nurtured” to be “strong”, “independent”. Eros’ father evidently believed the best way to do so was starve him of touch: hugging, cuddling, was for daughters of their herd, not sons.

So Eros left, not immediately, of course; he looked for that comfort where he could find it, but when that wasn’t enough, he left. He became a sex worker, a profession in which touch is never lacking, and yet, it was unfulfilling. It didn’t matter who he touched, who touched him, or even how they touched; it never brought him the comfort he sought.

It took him until he met Aion to realize why. Touch, without meaning, is a book without words: insignificant and ineffectual.

Once feelings developed, it was hard not to touch him; Eros had finally discovered the affection and emotions he found necessary to meaningful touch, but for a man who did not immediately welcome it. He waited, however, (albeit rather impatiently), and it was worth it; every touch from his partner is comforting, a subtle reminder of the love he found with him—either in the gentle weight of Aion’s nose on his back, or the warmth of Aion’s neck around his. Some of those touches are electrifying; a delicate brush of Aion’s lips against his jaw or tail on his flank holds the power to send sparks tingling down his spine.

When they were separated, Eros knew better than to look toward others for the comfort he missed so. He knew it wouldn’t—couldn’t—be the same without the affection he had for Aion and Aion for him. So, once more, he took to waiting, tolerated the passing of days uneventful and empty while searching for his beloved, his best friend.

Again, it was worthwhile, of course. He hadn’t doubted it—the surety he has of Aion’s incomparability is unshakeable—but it was rewarding nonetheless. Worthwhile not only for the closeness itself, but also because distance and time had eroded neither the meaning nor emotion behind it.

Waiting had made evident the endurance of their love.

“It’s perfect,” Eros tells him, despite the the rough edges and impermanence. It’s perfect because Aion made it, for—and because of—him. He presses a kiss to Aion’s cheek in appreciation and lets his head rest against his beloved’s—to stay, this time.

“I love you.”

@aion def not trash
i wanted to make this as pretty as the last but it didn't happen sry
aimless | enfanir

Messages In This Thread
i didn't know what i would find - by Aion - 05-19-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: i didn't know what i would find - by Eros - 06-27-2018, 03:44 PM
RE: i didn't know what i would find - by Aion - 08-27-2018, 01:23 PM
RE: i didn't know what i would find - by Eros - 09-21-2018, 08:17 PM
RE: i didn't know what i would find - by Aion - 10-24-2018, 12:13 AM
RE: i didn't know what i would find - by Eros - 11-26-2018, 05:53 PM
RE: i didn't know what i would find - by Aion - 12-15-2018, 02:32 AM