Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Government Jobs

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Raglan

Raglan had taken to flying more in his newly found free time. It was strange to the stallion, the concept of time not spent with a particular goal in mind - no learning to scribe for Camdis Lohir, no memorizing lists of herbs and poisons, no missions with his Crow brothers and sisters, no following Reichenbach and watching his kingly butt. So with the aimlessness that he had developed in recent days, and the wanderlust that had driven him from the arms of his home once before, the horned stag soared over the continent that held his beautiful, passionate, angry people. Up so high, with wingtips slicing through cloud matter, Raglan imagined that the invisible borders placed between the kingdoms were nonexistent, that the children of each deity could come and go from one monarchy to the next, interchangeable and peaceful. 

Part of him was bitter still, at the abandonment that weighed his every breath, at the closed gates that stood so solidly between him and home... But another part of the Silvertongue felt only guilt - if he had been present, if he had been able to shield Reichenbach’s heart from whatever blow it had sustained, would his world be so fractured still? Would the Raven Gates stand open and would the mountain passes be filled with traders and merchants once more? He didn’t know and would never know what sort of consequences were brought by his absence. Raglan would prefer to believe that his impact was of no consequence, but he couldn’t shake the feeling that he could have at least done something to help smooth things over.

Caught in his thoughts as he was, Raglan couldn’t ignore the literal splitting of the earth that was occurring within the shadow of Veneror Peak. Brow creasing in confusion and pale eyes glinting with curiosity, the stallion spiraled lower in great lazy circles, keen gaze noting the ring of trees guarding their great stone table and the court tapestries hanging from thick boughs. The sight of the Kingdom sigils emblazoned upon such fine cloth, coupled with the elegant birds each seen flying toward in the direction of a realm soured Raglan’s curiosity. 

The youth couldn’t help but scoff at the majesty of it all, though there was no real effort behind his disdain, “The games Kings and Queens play...”

As his descent came to an end and pale hooves pressed into the freshly turned soil, the orphaned Crow peered closely at the seemingly impenetrable barrier of sentinel trees. Making his way toward the wall, Raglan made sure to keep an eye on the entryway, not wanting to be caught unawares by some haughty missionary from the gods. Slowing to a stop, the winged lad peered up at the hardwood and stuck his tongue out before addressing the giant plant directly, “So, you working part time for the Sovereigns? What do they pay you? Gallons of water?” He wrinkled his nose, “I know you can’t talk, but if you could have one of your friends fall directly onto the Raven Gate in Denocte - you know the Raven Gate, right? That big metal thing that’s keeping me and Little Sinner from going home? Yeah, that one - Anyway, if one of your tree buddies could crush t to smithereens to I can sleep in my own damn bed, I’d really appreciate it.”

@ (yanno if the tree would like to respond)

Messages In This Thread
Government Jobs - by Raglan - 05-25-2018, 09:45 PM
RE: Government Jobs - by Random Events - 05-26-2018, 01:42 AM
RE: Government Jobs - by Raglan - 05-26-2018, 06:39 PM
RE: Government Jobs - by Acton - 05-28-2018, 02:25 PM
RE: Government Jobs - by Raglan - 06-19-2018, 12:54 AM
RE: Government Jobs - by Acton - 06-27-2018, 09:59 PM