Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - wandering jane

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Soleil

The flower crown is all but forgotten, clutched so tightly that the flowers tremble in fear of being crushed. She had never had much of an opportunity to speak to royalty before, kept away from the dealings of court as a youth, thus she felt far more nervous than she expected. She was destined to be someone’s beautiful wife, unbothered by the nitty gritty details that came along with running a court. Her mother had made a specific point to keep her well away from Zolin and his less than savory tastes; filling her days instead with lessons and plenty of leisure. A life that had glittered so brightly that it threatened to blind the sun, until it had all become flames.

It was a different fire that had been stoked by the Queen’s appearance, something igniting in her heart that she would fan into flames. But it seems that Florentine would like no part in such formalities, waving away the smoke with a gentle movement of wing. Soleil hesitates, drinking in the moment for a just a hair longer. Even though the pair of women were supposedly the same age, Soleil suddenly felt like a child in her presence -- a child that very much wanted to impress the present company.

”O-oh, I do apologize.” She said, her smile faltering and becoming more shy. ”My mother would be so embarrassed…” She admitted nervously, then raised her brows -- as if she hadn’t intended to say that outloud. ”All of that fancy formal training and yet.., still so very awkward.” She explained, feeling it necessary. Internally, she wondered just how long she would have to go into hiding in order to forget such an awkward exchange. Perhaps forever. ”Of course, I should like to hear it directly from the source!” She agreed, her eyes closing as she laughed nervously at herself. ”Delumine’s books and scholars are quite capable at books, but the...well the gossip was always my favorite.”

Her gaze drops to the flower crown, forgotten up until that moment in which she considers it once more. She reaches up to nestle it upon her head, feeling the greenery catch in silk tresses. ”How does it look?”She asked, with a small chuckle. Her ears moved back and forth as if they were irritated by the new addition to the top of her crown. She then takes notice of the Queen’s direction, the smell of sugary sweets beginning to waft around them.

”Sure.” She says lightly, trying to keep from adding a formality on the end of it. ”I can’t remember the last time I had a toasted marshmallow.” And in truth, she couldn’t. Had she ever had one before? Solis’ daughter moved in the direction that the Queen had indicated, though careful not to get ahead of her in any way. It was odd enough to walk shoulder to shoulder with her, as if the pair of them were equals.

”Tell me, She said as they approached the stall that was filled to the brim with things other than toasted marshmallows. ”Do you like being a Queen?” She asked, the first question to come to mind. Her storm-cloud gaze met the fair amethyst of the Terrastellan. ”I suppose it’s different than being born into a noble house and you...you were chosen, weren’t you? The other one...the Queen before you asked you to lead in her stead, did she not?” The girl’s eyes were bright with curiosity, unaware that she might be too forward in her questions.

@Florentine

Messages In This Thread
wandering jane - by Soleil - 05-26-2018, 10:13 AM
RE: wandering jane - by Florentine - 05-28-2018, 09:20 AM
RE: wandering jane - by Soleil - 05-30-2018, 04:28 PM
RE: wandering jane - by Florentine - 07-01-2018, 11:56 AM
RE: wandering jane - by Soleil - 07-09-2018, 04:09 PM