Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - family, friends and loved ones

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

and all their words for glory

well they always sounded empty

The sharp edges of his face surely conveyed his disbelief of the situation. Oh, he knew that Eulalie would not lie to him, particularly not to this degree, but... It was just so unexpected and sudden that the Warden momentarily found himself at a loss of words, but that wasn’t to say he lacked that tickle of excitement deep within his breast.

It was all muted, however, as he took in the heaviness that seemed to cling to Eulalie’s every feature, every curve of forced composure on her delicate face, even the half-hearted laughter that escaped her. A soft frown pulled against his dark lips; these things weren’t befitting to the strong, passionate warrior that was Eulalie.

“Probably a wise decision,” he offered gently, even if the thought of Somnus being hurled into a completely dumbfounded and bumbling state would be comical in every other situation but this one. Right now the Sovereign needed to focus on the task at hand - figuring out why the Gods had called them forth - and only afterward could he learn of his impending fatherhood.

With her final statement, Ulric wasn’t sure whether he could feel his heart swelling or deflating. To go through this, or anything alone was something the warrior would see to never happening. Was she fearful Somnus would turn away from her once he heard the news and want nothing to do with her or their unexpected child? Frightened that, maybe, she would be left to rear it by herself?

Before he was completely aware of it, he was stepping closer to Eulalie, lifting his head with the intent to drape it gently over her neck. “And you won’t,” came what he hoped to be words of reassurance, and against her gilded skin he hoped she could feel him smile. “Me, Somnus, Po, everyone... We’re all gonna be there for you, though it all.” A promise made easily, for Ulric knew there was no way it could not be true.

There was so much he wanted to say, as he couldn’t begin to imagine how Eulalie must feel, but he feared that in this case, less might mean more. He craned his neck and held more tightly to her. “... Somnus won’t go anywhere. I can guarantee that. He loves you, Eulalie; I’ve seen it in both of your eyes.” A moment of silence was allowed to pass between them, and as his smile deepened, he added. “As for me? I can’t wait to meet my little niece or nephew.”

@Eulalie :3

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
family, friends and loved ones - by Eulalie - 06-03-2018, 07:53 PM
RE: family, friends and loved ones - by Ulric - 06-03-2018, 11:11 PM
RE: family, friends and loved ones - by Eulalie - 06-10-2018, 03:31 PM
RE: family, friends and loved ones - by Ulric - 06-18-2018, 06:08 AM
RE: family, friends and loved ones - by Eulalie - 09-04-2018, 08:37 PM