Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Bridegroom

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jericho

Jericho
and the walls came tumbling down

He did not have to wait long. No sooner did he pass under the arch of the gate than a piercing shriek split the evening air and a shadow swooped down from overhead. It was fortunate that the young warrior had heard many the hunting cry of a barn owl while travelling through the woods or the sound would have caused a dangerously undiplomatic swipe of his horn and baring of teeth. Even so, Jericho jumped and pinned his ears, effectively ruining any plans for a composed entrance. 

Staring sulkily after the owl, he caught sight of a lone figure approaching from the edge of the courtyard. Hastily, the horned stallion hastened to correct his body language—the last thing he needed was to be run out of town in the first civilized place he’d stepped foot since leaving home. Head lowered deferentially, he took in the newcomer who walked towards him. Light eyes studied the well-muscled frame, the golden coat, the dark horn, the pair of massive mottled wings, the confident, easy stride. Jericho’s gazed moved last to the stranger’s face. Thankfully, he seemed to be smiling. Interpreting this as a good sign, the young stallion relaxed slightly. 

“Greetings, Sovereign,” Jericho replied, dipping his head formally. “I’m Jericho. I’ve come from the north, but—if you will have me—I would like to spend some time in your lands. I can contribute,” he added earnestly. “If there’s anything you need…I can deliver supplies, or spar with your young warriors. All I ask is safe passage and a place to rest my head. From what I’ve seen, it’s a beautiful kingdom,” he finished, hoping that the welcoming smile wouldn’t falter. He was aware of how his request might sound: a complete stranger, sauntering in and demanding access. He’d tried to temper it with politeness and civility, but he’d been warned by those who’d gone before him that it was not uncommon to be met with suspicion. Even as he waited with bated breath for Somnus’ response, Jericho mentally readied himself to make a quick exit if needed. Heaven knew he’d need a head start against that bird, who’d glided down from the shadows to perch on her king’s shoulder.

"Speaks"
•• | ••

Messages In This Thread
The Bridegroom - by Jericho - 06-04-2018, 03:17 AM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Somnus - 06-08-2018, 10:30 AM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Jericho - 06-14-2018, 01:42 AM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Somnus - 06-15-2018, 04:31 AM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Jericho - 06-17-2018, 08:45 PM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Somnus - 06-27-2018, 06:23 AM