Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - be careful with me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Soleil

S O L E I L

The golden daughter carried herself like royalty, an echo of the nobility that she had once enjoyed in the way that her limbs extended in a confident strut that was filled with purpose. Her stride crushed the wet frost that covered the ground, the warning of the winter to come -- autumn just beginning to take his hold upon the land. Her head was lifted, poised as though she wore an invisible crown, covered with a shroud that could not quite hide the ambitious glint in those gunmetal grey eyes.

The ivory fabric that covered her was of the finest quality, delicate gold beads lining the seams in patterns and suns. If she were to meet a god, she wanted to look like her truest self -- not the meek maid that she had been forced to become in Delumine. No, she was an aristocrat -- born into the heights of society, and her attire reflected it.

Dawn was just beginning to claw its way across the land, the still of the night giving way to the symphony of colors. She had arrived the day before, along with several others from the citadel, but forced herself to wait until the regime had entered into the sacred place. She could feel the own gnashing of her teeth as they had disappeared behind the large wooden doors, the rising urge to chase after them -- but the instructs had been very clear. Only the Sovereigns and their regime could be permitted.

A snort rumbled out of her nares, the blonde rolling her eyes in annoyance as she paced the summit grounds. She had witnessed the arrival of her people, Solterrans, who had come in a great caravan with the queen at their head. Her gaze had been greedy as she looked upon them, the strange pangs of homesickness slapping against her like ocean waves. She had looked for her parents among them, even though she knew that they would not be there. They were long dead and cold, though she had never seen them buried.

She would go home with them, she had decided -- her heart giving a squeeze of terror at the thought. But it was more than time to go home, and seek the justice she so desperately deserved.

The mare clenched her teeth at the thought, bringing her mind back to the present before her. The emptiness and yet fullness of this place, the air electrified with tense anticipation as they all waited for the meaning of all of this. She yanked the hood from her head, listening to the gentle clattering of beads as she unveiled her head, her blonde hair a mess yet held in place with her signature gold butterfly pin.

She glanced again at the wooden doors that their governing bodies had disappeared behind. A prayer twisted on her tongue, though it was not for them.

“Solis, give me the strength.” She murmured to herself, hoping her prayer to the warrior god did not fall on deaf ears, turning her gaze the sky as it swirled from the black of night into the pink of morning.

open!

Messages In This Thread
be careful with me - by Soleil - 06-05-2018, 03:47 PM
RE: be careful with me - by Renwick - 06-07-2018, 03:50 PM
RE: be careful with me - by Soleil - 06-12-2018, 02:12 PM