Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - witch hunts will never be about witches

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline REDANDBLACK [PM] Posts: 302 — Threads: 37
Signos: 135
Inactive Character

bex

MADE A GRAVEYARD FROM THE BONE-WHITE AFTERNOON.

Bex laughs a little at Pavetta’s surprised remark on her magic, gaze flickering down to skim her own skin as if looking for a sign of it, though she knows by the coolness in her blood that it’s long since disappeared - Sorry, she says, though it’s not really apologetic. It’s new. The one thing I haven’t learned to control yet. Then she flashes a strangely stilted smile, as if that one phrase revealed more than it was meant to, but the confidence returns easily as her company begins to speak again and she leans her weight onto a back hoof with an easy sort of certainty.

The crowd stirs behind them. Bex resists the urge to turn head-over-shoulder and watch, swiveling an ear instead to catch it more subtly - what passes over them is an unintelligible murmur of fear and suspicion that pricks the hair on her neck to standing up straight. It is perhaps the strangest thing that has happened in all her time in Novus, and that’s absolutely saying something. The scar on her cheek tingles as she thinks of it. Crackles like electricity through water, spreading something bright under the surface of her skin.

I’ll try my best, she answers with contained amusement, turning back to face the two of them. But no promises. If they start anything, I might have to finish it… The tone is half joking, half defeated. Her gaze stills on Kauri watchfully. Pavetta, somehow, seems more familiar than he does - maybe it’s the stubborn expression on her face or the way she holds herself almost like a soldier, but Bexley sees herself mirrored in the rose-girl, her strength, her feminine brand of brutality, and it is for this reason she suspects Pavetta less.

More likely than not, trusting her is stupid. But Bexley has always been a woman of intuition, and she finds it easy to offer a smile, to relax a little as the sun watches over them.

[color=#ffffff]
@pavetta @kauri  <3  

Messages In This Thread
witch hunts will never be about witches - by Pavetta - 06-10-2018, 03:10 PM
RE: witch hunts will never be about witches - by Kauri - 06-10-2018, 06:44 PM
RE: witch hunts will never be about witches - by Pavetta - 06-10-2018, 08:30 PM
RE: witch hunts will never be about witches - by Kauri - 06-11-2018, 06:34 AM
RE: witch hunts will never be about witches - by Pavetta - 06-28-2018, 06:38 PM
RE: witch hunts will never be about witches - by Kauri - 06-28-2018, 11:38 PM
RE: witch hunts will never be about witches - by Bexley - 07-02-2018, 01:33 AM