Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - And still I am a pilgrim [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

The meadow was huge, far larger than the plains he had needed to cross to get here. They seemed to stretch out endlessly, a sea of green that waved to and fro in the gentle breeze, beckoning him further and further in, but for now he had resisted. The few steps he had dared to take had made him feel exposed, vulnerable after spending so long in the forest. It made him wish to stick closer to the dark, broad-leafed trees, taking shelter and comfort alike within their canopies. After all this time he'd spent getting here, it felt strangely... anticlimactic, to be afraid now of a little fresh air.

But that wouldn’t stop him from gathering his fair share of information about the new territory. He pranced along the forest edge, head lowered to inspect every moss, lichen. mushroom, and tangling vine he found there. Some he recognized, many he didn’t; he was much farther north now than he’d realized, and the terrain had seemed to change dramatically. The soil seemed richer here, damper and softer, a breeding ground for hundreds of new species of plants. Occasionally Ipomoea cast a jealous look westward, across the meadow. The red flowers, unlike anything he had seen before, brilliantly alluring, but he didn’t dare yet.

He had made quite some progress down the forest line when he stopped abruptly, darkened nostrils flaring. Ahead of him was a stallion, a pale unicorn with such brilliant golden points. Ipomoea nearly quivered with excitement—he may not be the first Dawn Court citizen he had met, but he could be the first to meet while actually in the Dawn Court!

So he threw caution to the wind, bounding forward to meet the stranger, his body rocking in an easy canter. Reservations about entering the meadow were forgotten, head tossed in a carefree manner as his sparrow’s jay took flight, clearly annoyed by the sudden change in pace. For good measure, Po threw in a couple kicks of his heels in delight.

”Hello!” His excited voice carried on a shrill whinny, evidence of his enthusiasm. ”I am Po! And you are?”

@Martin
ooc: i hope you don’t mind my child here ;u;
!!!

Messages In This Thread
And still I am a pilgrim [relic contest] - by Martin - 06-25-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: And still I am a pilgrim - by Ipomoea - 06-26-2017, 01:29 PM
RE: And still I am a pilgrim - by Martin - 06-26-2017, 11:29 PM