Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - MEETING in the air

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

rose-colored boy

'Fire, danger, gods, oh my!'

The phrase repeats itself over and over again in Ipomoea's mind, a play on a childhood tune he remembers hearing a lifetime ago. No matter how hard he tries to forget it sticks in the back of his mind, a grim and foreboding reminder of the current events occurring within the Dawn Court.

It had been Po the Orphan Boy who had listened to that story, once upon a time. But it was Ipomoea the Regent who stood here today.

"Ahem." He clears his throat, shifting his weight uncomfortably. Below the raised stone step he stands upon, a sea of Delumine faces stare up at him. Po tries to smile, but he's afraid it may look more like a grimace and gives up.

"Thank you all for gathering today, I know there are... pressing matters you might wish to return to." It takes all of his diplomatic training to keep his voice warm and steady, trying with all his might to appear reassuring. "I will try to keep this meeting succinct."

He takes a breath, an excuse to have a moment to scan the amassed crowd, to look the faces in their eyes. Many are familiar - and many are not. He tries in vain to root out the faces of his friends, but there isn't time. 'Maybe they didn't come.'

"Firstly, I wish to introduce you all to @Pavetta. Many of you know her as a Caretaker - but she has graciously come forward in the absence of Orion, and has been granted the role of Emissary in his place. Be welcomed Pavetta, let this be the first step to a successful running." His smile is genuine - as it always is - as he points out the striped and dappled mare from their ranks. 'It's always best to start on a lighter note,' he reflects to himself, watching the crowd react to the promotion. 'Pavetta will fit the rank well, I think.'

After that, there's little time for him to think.

"I know we have suffered, both as a Court and as a family. I will take the time now to thank all of those who have aided in the fires, evacuations, and other emergency preparations. Your valor and devotion has not gone unnoticed. We thank you. It is because of you that we stand here still today." Another pause, this time to wait for the small reactions and applause from the crowd. 'They are as tired as they look,' he realized. He couldn't blame them; it was turning out to be a long and painful winter.

"Reports tell us the fire is controlled in part, but continues to grow. Our need for volunteers becomes greater each day. Please, if you are willing and able, we ask that you join the front lines - we need horses to gather food and haul water, to care the wounded, to clear a perimeter about the fire... and to fight the fire itself. We are a family, and now is the time to act as one, together. We are strong with each other's support." Ipomoea scans the crowd once more. "If you wish to help, speak to any of the Regime or Counsel to find out how."

He glances at his list, mentally checking off the topics in his mind. It gives the appaloosa a chance to recollect himself - and spares him a minute from addressing the crowd. Ipomoea fears he will become distracted if he looks at them for too long, for their emotions are all in raw display in front of him. He has always been an emotional equine; what he sees today makes his heart ache. But he was determined to appear strong - if only for them.

He clears his throat again, painfully aware now of how much smoke lingers in the air. The sky is nearly grey - but remarkably lighter and clearer than the skies over Viride, he knew. Still, he wished he could see the sun.

"For those of you who have been hurt, or displaced from your homes by the fires, we have shelter for you at the capitol. Beds, food, fresh water - we have plenty for all. Please, spread the word so that everyone will feel welcomed. We will also accept those from other Courts who find themselves in Delumine during these troubling times. Any in need of a home, we have room for you."

And with that being said, he dips his head and closes his notebook, shifting nervously once more. "That is all I have for you today. Stay safe, Delumine. If you have any questions or matters of importance to discuss, I will answer as best I can."

hearts are breaking
wars are raging on
you’ve got me nervous
i’m at the end of my rope
hey, man, we can’t all be like you

i wish we were all rose-colored too
my rose-colored boy

@everyone ! this isn't mandatory, but the Regime is addressing the recent disasters! if your character has any questions, has need or assistance, or would like to volunteer, feel free to post!

also congratulating @pavetta / @Pres on becoming our new Emissary! c:
”here am i!“

empluvie art

Messages In This Thread
MEETING in the air - by Ipomoea - 09-06-2018, 10:43 PM
there was a time when i was alone.... - by Sloane - 09-09-2018, 09:37 PM
RE: MEETING in the air - by Somnus - 09-23-2018, 09:50 PM
i am a lost boy from neverland - by Sloane - 09-24-2018, 06:03 PM