Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- When I'm Down [Relic Contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Charlemagne

A smile, quick and light as a swallow, dimples Charlemagne’s cheek at the stranger’s words. It was a relief to know that somebody so imposing-looking, so languidly confident even just woken from a nap, was also new here. Despite his brief fear - perhaps in part because of it, and the way it soon proved needless - the unicorn decided that he liked this stranger.

The next words he spoke only reaffirmed the decision.

“Magic?” He watched the stallion’s muzzle curl toward his chest, then flicked his gaze up to meet the stranger’s silver one. As he spoke about searching for the relic Charlemagne searched himself, holding in a breath and waiting to see what he might feel. There had been too much worry, too much excitement, too much road-weariness and uncertainty and hope in his journey here and it made for a terrible inner din. Now, though, as he stilled himself - was that something? A tug?

He is afraid it isn’t; he wants it very much to be. And so he is glad when the big stallion speaks again, because it saves him from admitting he might not feel a thing.

At the mention of the Night Court his ears prick with renewed interest. The scholar from his home had few enough stories about the Dawn Court; he knew next to nothing about the others. He’d opened his mouth, perhaps to say so, when the bay spoke again. Anything he’d been about to say fell away with the sudden knowledge of where he was.

“This is the Dawn Court?” He scanned the meadow, golden horn glinting in the sunlight, but all he saw were wildflowers and drifting butterflies, a spring-green treeline and the haze of hills in the distance. Somewhere, the stories went, was a grand building, spires rising to the sky, a monument to knowledge — oh, he was here, he was here, and it was beginning.

“Then I am home. Forgive me - I’ve come a long way, and not been so long alone before. I am Charlemagne, and came to be a scholar - who are you?” He smiled again, and tried to keep eagerness from making him impatient. But he was still little more than a boy, and he wants so badly to begin (never mind not knowing what). “Do you think this Relic is here? Perhaps I can help look.”

charlemagne*

image © unsplash

@Camdis

Messages In This Thread
When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-27-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Charlemagne - 06-27-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-27-2017, 07:22 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Charlemagne - 06-28-2017, 12:32 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-28-2017, 07:44 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Charlemagne - 06-30-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 07-02-2017, 03:15 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Charlemagne - 07-05-2017, 04:43 PM