Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- When I'm Down [Relic Contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Camdis

Camdis Lohir

The boy before him was just that, a boy; young and hopeful and full of a vibrant potential that emanated from his very core. 

Were his daughter and son similar to this lad? Golden in their youth and glowing in their endless possibilities? Did they have dimples? Smiles like the rising sun? Shimmering eyes that made one recall the heavens and the seas in tandem?

He could only hope. 

Camdis noted the way the boy's attention piqued as he mentioned magic, the Night Court, the Dawn Court, anything new and able to be learned, the lad seemed to thirst for. The stallion nodded his great, horn-laden skull in almost paternal approval of the young stag's scholarly tendencies. Despite the scarlet splashed bay's refusal to enter the capitol house of another court, he wondered at what sort of libraries those great palaces and fortresses housed; were they greater than the Night Court's? Greater even than the grand multi-level Temple of Mind nestled in the Mistward foothills? He huffed at the possibility, a small sense of jealousy rising within his breast; he would remedy that soon enough. The Night Court and her people would rise to the forefront of Novus, a great and powerful nation that housed the best of what the earth could offer, her gates spread in an open-armed welcome and her people beholden to no one and nothing but their own freedoms. 

More words from the lad that stood before him pulled the muscled brute from his reverie, and Camdis had to admit, he didn't mind the boy's company - he rather enjoyed it, actually. Novus was making him soft. 

Blinking lazily, the Exile King nodded along with the boy, a small smile beginning to blossom over his face, softening his otherwise severe features into something almost pleasant as he formed a reply, "Well met, young Charlemagne. You have a good name, boy, a strong one that sticks to the mind - it could stick to the tomes of history as well, if you decide to wield yourself in such a way. I'm sure the Dawn Court will find you a valuable scholar." With a groan, the bay heaved himself into a standing position, ignoring the protests of his muscles and shaking out his lengthy mane with a satisfied hum. Indeed, the gold and bronze dipped child before him reminded Camdis of his own children, and that fact alone made it easy to adore the unicorn. 

"I have two names; Camdis Lohir, but what you call me is up to you," Straightening, the stallion took a deep breath, relishing in the fresh perfume of the flowers around them, though he winced a bit at the bruises that dotted his ribs and hips from a rather unfortunate misstep a few days before, "I came here to be a healer, if you can believe it. Mother always told me I'd end up better as a Warrior King, but the notion never appealed to me, even when I sat the throne," He rolled his shoulders in a semblance of a shrug, distantly wondering why he was telling this boy so much, why he was being so honest with one so new to his life, "In truth, the relic may be here, but I wouldn't know where to start. We could comb the field for weeks and still find nothing, so covered is the earth in these flowers..."

He trailed off, gaze swinging to and fro as he considered their surroundings, briefly wishing for wings before shoving the thought away as it brought to mind memories of the amethyst songbird he accosted upon the Terminus.

"What do you propose, little Scholar?"                                                                                                                                                                   

@Charlemagne awwwh Cam is trying to be dad-like im crying

Messages In This Thread
When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-27-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Charlemagne - 06-27-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-27-2017, 07:22 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Charlemagne - 06-28-2017, 12:32 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-28-2017, 07:44 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Charlemagne - 06-30-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 07-02-2017, 03:15 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Charlemagne - 07-05-2017, 04:43 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 07-09-2017, 07:18 PM