Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- When I'm Down [Relic Contest]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Camdis

Camdis Lohir

The stallion huffed a laugh at the lad's glimmering eyes and the tiny thank you that belied his gratitude. Truly the boy was starting to grow on the horned stallion, gangly legs and all. Breathing in carefully, Camdis Lohir committed the younger male's scent to memory, determined to single this one out, to attempt some sort of nurturing. The bloodied bay had not forgotten the absolute fear that had played across the youth's face when he had recovered from almost tripping over Camdis' prone form, and he was sure that such terror was not borne of casual child's play. No, that sort of horror was the product of physical brutality and disdain; something that the thick stag had an extensive history with. 

It was a surprise to find that empathy had stirred so close to the surface of the caretaker's stony facade, how it had thawed a bit of his bitter heart beneath the need to protect and provide. Usually, the feelings of loathing and resentment were strong enough to shove the flickers of compassion back, to snuff out the tiny flames that he refused to allow to take root. Yet, there was something about the inherent vulnerability, the absolute candidness that was so clear, so tangible, that it nearly rolled off of Charlemagne in waves, that had created such a rend in the Exile King's unbreakable armor of indifference. 

Camdis was still unsure whether to dub the occurrence a miracle or an annoyance. 

Yet, that grin only grew in warmth as the petal soft lad before him spoke, his words wrapping their way about Camdis' heart and ringing merrily within his memory. He had never heard those words directed at himself, had never known what it was to be appreciated for nothing more than a few exchanged words within a field of poppies. Maybe he would never know it again, but the stallion had found that he had a knack for living in the moment and appreciating what he could within the past. 

When he wasn't busy drowning in self-imposed apathy and self pity, that is. 

With a nod and a step to his right, away from the boy and all of the conflicting emotions and principles that his presence dredged forth, Camdis considered where his travels had already led him. Slowly, the shape of a mirrored lake of stars formed within his mind's eye and he grinned, "In Denocte, in my home, there is a lake. It is called The Vitreus and it is something out of the heavens. I will find you there and we can talk more of what you wish to be, my boy." 

Turning away fully and beginning the arduous task of searching for the Relic once more, Camdis Lohir tossed one more strong of words over his shoulders before sinking into the depths of his quest, "You will always find a welcome in the Night Court."                                                                                                                                                              

@Charlemagne aaaaaahhhh I love the bb I can't wait to thread again and see where it takes them~

Messages In This Thread
When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-27-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Charlemagne - 06-27-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-27-2017, 07:22 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Charlemagne - 06-28-2017, 12:32 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 06-28-2017, 07:44 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Charlemagne - 06-30-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 07-02-2017, 03:15 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Charlemagne - 07-05-2017, 04:43 PM
RE: When I'm Down [Relic Contest] - by Camdis - 07-09-2017, 07:18 PM