Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - this little story of ours

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

FLORENTINE

always one decision away from a totally different life
-- ♕ --

Florentine has followed a shadow here.

Together the girls now stand amidst the rolling grasses of the prairie. The meadow is a sea, and stems lap at Florentine’s legs. They tap against her skin, each one reminding her of a memory she might have hoped to forget.

But there is no forgetting when Denocte is full of ghosts. There are memories as twisted as the unicorn’s horn that spirals up into the sky. But none are as graceful as that horn and none are as beautiful as the sky that dances so high above.

The colours dance upon the other girl’s skin. Her mahogany coat is a black canvas in the midnight light. Upon it the myriad lights of the Borealis dance. Gold was no canvas for such a spectacle and so Florentine stands, gilded and plain in a land made for the beauty of the dark alone.

What stories did the girls possess? Oh Flroentine has many, so many she cannot remember them all. So many she has not yet lived out them all. Though infinite Time calls out to her from the edges. It whispers to its traveller girl. Yes, Florentine has too many stories and she never thinks to put any to tongue. So it is that intrigue has her stepping close. It has her eyes rising up the Night Queen’s spiral horn and up, up, up into the shifting sky.

“Hello Isra.” Florentine says to the song of stars and lights. Petals scatter, to fall upon the grasses and rest into the upturned palms of wild flowers. She follows them down upon bended knee, dropping into a curtsey she once made so sweetly. Ah, it is easier to offer a curtsey than to receive. So she does not linger long, but rises like the dawn sun and lets her eyes lift to a newer queen. “Do you have a story for me?” Her head tilts, curious, her lips holding a smile so secret. “I believe I must thank you for saving, Lysander. Since becoming mortal he cannot be trusted to keep himself alive. So the battle continues.”

And it is with that that Florentine comes to rest beside the Night Queen, her gaze tipped up to the sky. “Please make it a good story...” The girl whispers, “One enough to show me that my brother’s decision to bring us here was not in vain.”

@Isra - we can do this! -psychs self up-  Let's make it to the end!
rallidae

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
this little story of ours - by Florentine - 11-03-2018, 04:54 PM
RE: this little story of ours - by Isra - 11-04-2018, 05:09 PM
RE: this little story of ours - by Florentine - 11-05-2018, 03:38 PM
RE: this little story of ours - by Isra - 11-09-2018, 12:38 PM
RE: this little story of ours - by Florentine - 01-02-2019, 10:26 AM
RE: this little story of ours - by Isra - 01-11-2019, 03:39 PM