Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Gospel of Dismay

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 50 — Threads: 5
Signos: 330
Inactive Character

over the moaning bones
of those who quit and chose to remain

Capturing the attention of a page, Atreus watched as they scurried out of sight into the citadel to locate the man which they sought. His posture was lax as they waited, one hind leg cocked with the dark tip of his hoof pressing into the soil. There were eyes upon them, but Atreus paid them no mind, his eyes glued on the door where the page had disappeared in to. He caught Israfel’s faintly spoken question and he narrowly scoffed in his response. “I do not think,” he chided, “I know.”

In time, they come. One is a fair lady with fine hair of honey, alabaster skin a stark contrast against the earthly smudges which mar her side and neck, but his attention strays quickly from her to instead fall on the gilded form of the one he had hoped to see: his brother, now a King of sorts, Somnus. It took everything Atreus had not to scowl, fighting gravity to twist it into a sharp smile that looked nothing short of pure happiness. But, oh, how he wished to bury the cold steel of a knife into Somnus’ golden heart, twisting and twisting, watching him writhe until his body stopped pretending to care.

Watching with immeasurable pleasure as the light in his brother’s eyes was promptly extinguished, Atreus dared to step closer, that faux smile clinging desperately to him all the while. He sighed heavily as though relieved to see his brother at long last, immune to the coldness of his voice, watching and taking note of the way Somnus shifted closer to the female in his company. How intriguing that was; the mother to his sick child, perhaps?

“Oh, brother,” the roan’s silvered words came carried on his exhale, “You don’t know how good it is to see you again after all these years! I was so very terrified I might have lost you amongst the others. How long has it been?” But before Somnus could provide an answer, Atreus continued, uncaring if he cut off any attempt to speak. “Long enough to raise a family and find a seat on a throne, hm? I’m so proud.”

His following question was directed at the pair, but this time his eyes fell and remained upon Eulalie, though he knew not her name. That sickly sweet smile finally faltered, taking the shape of a worrisome frown. “His Majesty told me of your son and his state. Where is the boy?” Another step closer, and his words were unwittingly a double-edged sword. “I would loathe for him to suffer a moment longer.”

ooc - @Somnus @Eulalie @Israfel @Theodosia

“Speaking.”
credits

be careful with that one, love, he will do what it takes to survive

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
Gospel of Dismay - by Atreus - 12-09-2018, 05:50 AM
RE: Gospel of Dismay - by Israfel - 12-10-2018, 08:29 PM
RE: Gospel of Dismay - by Somnus - 12-10-2018, 09:36 PM
RE: Gospel of Dismay - by Theodosia - 12-11-2018, 10:45 PM
RE: Gospel of Dismay - by Eulalie - 12-12-2018, 11:54 AM
RE: Gospel of Dismay - by Atreus - 12-17-2018, 01:50 AM